Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know if I'am in the right place or not . Hello Charlie B here I have been watching a lot of videos on YouTube . Showing Bead Head fishing. The method where you tie a plastic bead 2-3 inches above the hook . Leaving the hook exposed ..... example
my question's are. Is this legal in Colorado . if legal in Colorado has anybody tried it . Could this be fished on a gold stream water that's fly only . and would this be fished with a casting bubble Like fishing with a fly and bubble . Thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yes, it's legal in Colorado. I have tried it once or twice. Honestly unless you are in, or immediately after a spawning period, then the trout are probably not keying on eggs. That's not to say they wont eat them outside of those times.

This is usually set up as part of an indicator rig while fly fishing, either by itself, or more often in tandem with a second fly. I am not saying you couldn't fish this behind a bubble, but it would be likely be awkward to fish in moving water.

It's not likely to work very well in a still water/lake situation.

Every time I've ever fished it, I've always caught more fish on the "other" fly in a tandem rig. Usually small baetis patterns.

Egg patterns are available to buy in any fly shop, which can be more or less effective at any given time.

http://www.orvis.com/p/micro-egg/12a6

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
It works well nearly year round.... especially in tailwaters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts