Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out yesterday to my favorite local stream and managed a few. Below are pix of the best ones for the day. All caught on top water and I fished from 10-12 thinking it would be the warmest part of the morning. Great day to be out and beats the hell out of a day at work 8)

Happy Friday

Attachments

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I was just looking at Bear Creek on Google Maps yesterday but I was looking in the Denver Metro area, wondering if there are any fish in the stretch that is close to where it runs into the Platte.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Best get all the dry fly and streamer action you can cuz in a short while it will be approx 120 days of midges...

Good of you to get some action and not be workin!

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
In my dad's old tackle box he has a box of tiny dry flies like the one in your picture. Do you think it'd work to float one down the stream with a little bobber?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my dad's old tackle box he has a box of tiny dry flies like the one in your picture. Do you think it'd work to float one down the stream with a little bobber?

I think it would work just fine if you can get the right drift. The fly I was using is called a Renegade. Different day different fly's work but that was the one producing that day :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts