Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some business to take care of in Lakewood today so after i hit bear creek and chatty with a friend. Probably fished bear creek from 230-6 and chatty from 630-9. I started out fishing bear creek in about 20fow using fatheads. I was hoping to get into a saugeye. Ended up moving around a bit trying different depths but no such luck. Eventually I got to the point where I just wanted to catch something and I moved into about 10fow and tied on a tungsten jig with a waxie. My buddy and I ended up with about ten dink trout before deciding to move to chatfield. At chatfield we fished a rocky area in about 10fow using the fatheads and spoons tipped with fresh fathead heads. We had a decent amount of fish move in on the sonar but none would commit. I’d like to think they were bass or eyes but who knows....ended up moving into an area that’s more of a mud flat and typically has some nice trout. Dropped some tungsten jigs with waxies down and had one mark and zero bites. It wasn’t the best day of fishing but it was cool to get out. This was my first ice trip of the season and I haven’t been fishing much in general so I had a fun time. Planning on hitting granby Tuesday or Wednesday and have those days off. I live in winter park now and am much closer to the res than I used to be. If anyone would like to meet up, please holler. Will be sure to post a report if I get out. Bear creek had 2-5 inches of ice depending on where I was at on the lake but the dam corners appeared to have some open water. The two spots I fished at chatty had like 4 inches of ice or so but further out there appeared to be a some open water from what I could tell although it was pretty dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts