Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time ice fishing at this lake for me. Got out on the ice around 9:00, fished different spots on the north side of the lake, action was a bit slow. Marked just a few fish on the sonar all day. Saw a nice sized perch on my underwater cam, but he didn't take the bait. Caught 1 decent sized trout towards the end of the day. Ice thickness 8" in most spots, and a guy I talked to said it was close to 12" thick near the boat ramp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice fish! I was across from you at Pelican Point in the Frabill Hut. I marked 4 fish on the vex all day. I moved all over that point from 5 feet of water to 18 feet. I was able to land one 16 inch walleye and one 13 inch rainbow. The rainbow was caught on a minnow and the walleye on a night crawler. Approximately 7 inches of ice at Pelican Point.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
they do have walleye there, they came from harriman when they drained it. was out last weekend and caught two of those nice perch. both still swimming. bc used to be an awesome perch fishery but since the flood not so much. thats why i put them back. two years ago wed have 40 fish days. unfortunately the head ranger (drew) does not want them in the lake wants mostly his precious trout.still thinking about petitioning the dow to stock perch in there.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not really familiar with BC, what happened? Did they get flushed out into a river? Did the rest of the lake suffer too?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
The flooding in 2013. Water went 50-60 higher than normal, the whole park was flooded. Heard it was a rough summer out there as it was still recovering from the flood.

Pretty sure that's the restrooms near the boat ramp.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
you can and i did ,one small perch and one small saugeye is all i found . keep hearing there are nice fish in there but i didn't mark any. ice can be real iffy there so be careful if you go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts