Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with the park official. She said there are 4 people ice fishing right now, and that there have been people ice fishing again for the past 2 days. She said they have been catching mostly Browns. I asked about saugeyes, and she said, no one has reported any Eyes. I'll probably hit it tommorrow. Park opens at 8:00 AM and closes at 6:00 PM. $4.00 entry fee.
Dan
P.S.
Hours kinda put a cramp in Saugeye fishing!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Browns? I have never seen or caught a brown out of that Res. Bows and bass are the only thing I have ever caught. I did get to see a couple of those Muskies but, couldn't get them to bite.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
do you know how thick ice is?? someone told me the ice was like chatfield, open water in some spots a few days ago ... but man it's cold in this neigborhood, so anything goes I guess.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fishing was great!!! Catching was terrible. Got 2 bites all day. I was fishing the north side, as far as I dared to go. I was fishing on 2.5-3" of good clear ice. I can't vouch for anyone fishing near Pelican point, but the only fish I saw caught all day, was a 13" smallie. I stayed as late as they allow, hoping for a Saugeye bite, but that was all it was, HOPE!!! Ice in the boat ramp bay was 6". Note: I didn't fish for trout, was jigging spoons and Raps all day.
Dan

I

·
0 Posts
Ive put my belly boat out there a few times workin the dam for smallies, I havent been out there on it in about a year and a half, pretty sure you still can!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts