Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ice left at Bear Creek? I was hoping to get out there this Sat or Sun. Hoping the cold snap this week will solidify things a bit.

·
Registered
936 Posts
It was wide open before this cold snap. I read a report that it was covered in skim ice this morning. I would be very cautious going ice fishing this weekend.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
went out and checked it today, the whole lake is capped but ice appears to be pretty thin. with the colder temps this week theres a good chance it will be ready by the weekend.contrary to the ice experts on the other site a lot of the front range lakes are refreezing and may have a fishable lid later in the week. as always be really careful but i also plan on being there this weekend.ps i did walk out about five ft so its more than just skim ice.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
no snow just clear ice. thats why i think it will be ready by the weekend. i was out there saturday and it was wide open so the whole lake capped in just one day, i for one can't wait.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
It would be amazeballs if we can fish local ice again! All lakes that I drove by today had a cap and with the predicted temps, we may have a chance to ice local soon!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It would be amazeballs if we can fish local ice again! All lakes that I drove by today had a cap and with the predicted temps, we may have a chance to ice local soon!
This would be great but I'm not holding my breathe on local ice being fishable. Hope I'm wrong!

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I dont think itll be safe in the middle of chatty or crack, but Im sure some bays will be thick enough!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Maybe the south end of Chatty....... maybe.

Doesn't north end freeze first? I feel you though...I rather fish the south end.

I'm hoping for Big Soda or some of the smaller ponds. Don't think I'd walk to the middle of big body of water but bays and coves might be good to go!!!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
today or rather this afternoon is the warmest its going to be for awhile. chattys south end still had ice before this cold so imagine the swim beach area will be good this weekend.dont know for sure whats going to happen but ill be checking bc on friday and drilling holes to see how it is.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
today or rather this afternoon is the warmest its going to be for awhile. chattys south end still had ice before this cold so imagine the swim beach area will be good this weekend.dont know for sure whats going to happen but ill be checking bc on friday and drilling holes to see how it is.
Im down for there or Jism lake!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
i like the idea of jism ,i like that place, but theres another storm coming in for the weekend that might mess the roads up. either way I'm in.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I bet we can get 10 people to go to Jism. Now if we only had enough ice!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts