Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Bear Creek above the Res from 1-4 today. Great time. If you want big fish and lots room to cast...don't go to Bear Creek. But if you want tight casting (if you call it casting) and lots of will 8-10" browns then its a gold mine. I caught about 13-15 between 8 and 10 and one bruiser that pushed twelve. Good fun, nice pocket water, beautiful fish and a beautiful afternoon. Thanks to the guy at the Sportmans Warehouse in Aurora that gave me the suggestion when I stopped to buy some tippet.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
did you park in the fee area?? Ive been trying to find a good area on the tailwater of that creek because i live like 2 minutes away ... dont have a park pass so $4 every day would suck

i tried walking the creek near morrison, but it was a nasty rainy day, lots of runoff & brown - was a while ago & didnt even fish

paid the other day & went to pelican point parking (mainly to watch the full moon rise)
fished from the floating dock ... only got a nibble .. surface baits would have been good with moon, lots of big fish hitting the top

heres photos from that day, was a cool view for sure at least, but skunked

·
Registered
31 Posts
I "discovered" Bear Creek two weeks ago and have fished there 3 times since. Caught 20 the first day, then 15, and yesterday, 7 over the lunch hour. Most were 10-12 inches, a few 8 and a few 14. Its fun, its close and there is lots of action. I fish in the town of Morrison, park in the lot across from the Morrison Inn, and start fishing. Watch out for trees - they hold a lot of flies! When I get tired fishing, I go to the Morrison Inn and have a beer.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
We used to drift worms behind the morrison post office for some nice trout back in the '80s. Neat theres still fish there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used a size 18 and 20 red copper john with a weight. The red seemed to work the best. My friend who was with me used small grey nymph, weighted, and had some luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts