Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the last 7 days at one of the prettiest and one of my favorite lakes. Immediately started fishing from camp, we camped exactly 9 miles in from cedar springs marina. First night caught a bunch of smallies some nice and several trout fishing with 3 in power bait minnows. Next mornin and up early and went trolling. We marked several fish from 40-75 ft everyday day, the down riggers were the ticket along with lead core. We caught so many kokes along with rainbows and lakers. It was funny some parts of lake had no fish and the spots we found were stacked with more fish than I have ever seen, thanks to my new Lowrance. The Kokanee ranges from 10 inches to some awesome tasty 18 in with some of the oranges meat I have seen. Caught tons of lakers biggest at 9 lbs, no luck with the burbot but the action was hot all day but ways around 48-70 ft that was the lucky number. Only have a few pics but it was awesome. And the lucky lures were cast masters and the hottest lure was the jspec in fire tiger on the downrigger, I never took it off the whole trip and the biggest laker was on a rouge which I thought was funny cause it's my eye lure.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And my daughter and niece really loved there first real long camping trip on the lake, I can't wait till she can really fish with me.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nephew with a nice Kokanee I have been spending lots of time with him fishing since his dad doesn't go much and this year has been his best he is loving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Its crazy how full they can keep that lake, Colorado could learn alot from Utah...

and nicely done, looks like a great trip!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts