Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Center Hill Lake... F***ing gorgeous.

Fished near Hurricane Bridge are. Absolutely burning up... Over 100 degrees according to the thermo. Fish were sluggish and I was dehydrated in less than an hour.

I will definitely go back when the weather isn't so rough. As far as today, though... It was nasty hot and muggy. No fish, but the experience was awesome.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, the lake is nearly 200 feet deep in places and the water is crystal clear. It was almost surreal

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't bring any. Had a bag of ice and a 2 liter of Diet Sunkist. Finally started eating ice and said to HELL with the soda.

Next time I go, I'll bring water. 2.5 hours in that sun was brutal.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look up these 4 lakes when you get a minute, Slayer... Use google maps or google earth or whatever.

Center Hill
Dale Hollow
Cordell Hull
Watts Bar

All within an hour of my place. They're all massive lakes, all hold massive fish, stripers, hybrids, flathead cats, smallies, etc.

Yea, I need a boat, BADLY....

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, man... Still same number. I have very spotty reception sometimes and if you called, I may not have seen it. I'll be switching providers very soon, and I'll have a new number, but for now, it's the same number. =)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, here are the maps for these 4 reservoirs.

Cordell Hull:

Dale Hollow:

Center Hill:

Watts Bar:

Some fishes off a quick google search

So.... Yea..... I need a boat.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I bet you could do some damage at those lakes from shore, but that would probably ask for more time than you have to fish. Man those lakes look sweet owen I looked them up on google maps holy f***ing coves!! While search the coves of watts bar I came across the watts bar nuclear power plant that looks to have an outlet into the river or lake, I don't even know what that are was actually considered. Careful eatin those fish ;)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL..... Cats are my favorite, sunfish second.

I just haven't found a nearby lake or stream where I can get into the cats. Sunnies are literally everywhere.

These reservoirs are all 45 minutes or more from home. I'm working 7 days a week, so I need something I can get to, fish, and get home in 3 or 4 hours.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
LOL..... Cats are my favorite, sunfish second.

I just haven't found a nearby lake or stream where I can get into the cats. Sunnies are literally everywhere.

These reservoirs are all 45 minutes or more from home. I'm working 7 days a week, so I need something I can get to, fish, and get home in 3 or 4 hours.
Id be willing to bet catfish are everywhere too you just need a lot more time to put into catching them!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're probably right. To be honest, bunches of crawlers on the bottom and some livers is about all I've tried so far at my primary lake. Right above the dam, deepest part of the lake, widest and calmest as well.

The species lists here blow nuts... Can't get a straight answer from anyone what is where. Stocking reports are virtually non-existent online, and fishermen in my area (Monterey) don't fish here anyway.

It could possibly be a gold mine... But I need time, as you said, to prospect. Right now, I just fish a few hours a week when I can.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Opry99er; said:
Some fishes off a quick google search

I don't know about that blue but I'd definitely lick that girl's butthole.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
z, here in Monterey, there are no bait or tackle stores. The closest one is in Cookeville, and they can tell me everything there is to know about Cookeville lakes and everything about the big reservoirs, but nobody seems to know jack sh** about Monterey lakes. Damndest thing.

My buddy Rick says there are cats in one of the local lakes, but says its 2nd hand info. He hasn't caught any out of there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts