Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,009 Posts
John said:
This is the first time I've posted.  Nice site!  I'm assuming the intent here is to share.  My pet peeve are posts that describe or show fish pics but purposfully leave out critical information - such as location.  The Red Feather posts by basshunter exemplify this.  There are many, many lakes in the Red Feather area so the posts are useless, and even a little inflammatory due to the omissions.  There is no need to be coy.  Either you want to share or you don't.  Be a standup guy about it.  Leave out the post if you don't have anything helpful to say.  On the other hand, if you state you caught 20 browns on a #13 Gold Rapala at ACME Lake, then I say "Nice job!! And thanks for sharing!"  Otherwise, you're just looking for accolades and my response is "Whatever."   I'm actually an agreeable guy but if you think I'm off-base here, feel free to rip me a new one.

I did fish Cowdrey Lake last Sat.  It is about 15 minutes north of Walden just off the highway.  My son & I lucked into about a dozen rainbows between 16 to 18".  We both fly fished with a floating line and  #6 beadhead black wooley buggers.  We caught them between 1:00 to 2:30pm.  They were quite agressive.  We tried Lake John earlier but no luck.  We did see some beasts cruising the shallows.  I think L John will be the place to be later this fall and into hardwater time.  North Delaney can good too but is squirrely.

Sorry about the contentious post.  John
I feel the  same way John. I'm the  type that likes to share but unfortunately, due to  the lack of info on some these posting I've given up on sharing too many details and sometimes sharing  at all. When I first started posting I used to post everytime I went out with specific details, and even taken guys out. But after awhile I noticed that I was putting a little to much info here and not getting the same back (unless it was a PM). All I'm saying is if I get a little, you get a little. I'll remember who you are. Not saying all but some are like just pretty pictures. I'm sure there are many of us that  feel  the same  way. It's just a personality clash is all. Because of this I don't post alot of hot spots here.  ;) My model is Hardcore fishing and outdoors.

Now you guys hammer me if I being stuborn. It's just me. If you don't like it- Slayers saying "shut up and fish"   ;D

· Registered
1,009 Posts
You guys have a very good point there. I feel the same way about sharing to  the whole internet. That's why we should all post to the same level. I  do it. If you want more  specific information  I would suggest you PM each  other. Whether you share  or not that's your prerogative.

I truely wish I could take back some of the information here in the past because of this reason.

· Registered
1,009 Posts
fishinguitars said:
You may have to trade some information in return but most people are willing to share just not with the whole internet.....to the people who read our threads and dont register you are turds !!!!!!

Dude, that's some funny Sh%$. ILMAO Turds!!!!!

Can't we all  just get along? This thread should be terminated. It might cause folks to not want to keep posting. Now we all would'nt want that to  happen would we.

In actuallity this site has more info than  many other sites out there. I'm registered with a few and this site along with the people ROCKS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.