Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Registered
1,009 Posts
fishinguitars said:
You may have to trade some information in return but most people are willing to share just not with the whole internet.....to the people who read our threads and dont register you are turds !!!!!!

Dude, that's some funny Sh%$. ILMAO Turds!!!!!

Can't we all  just get along? This thread should be terminated. It might cause folks to not want to keep posting. Now we all would'nt want that to  happen would we.

In actuallity this site has more info than  many other sites out there. I'm registered with a few and this site along with the people ROCKS.

· Registered
176 Posts
Well, this topic's already got more attention than anything I've ever posted! Don't worry about me, I love this site and will keep postin', as much or little info as I want. I agree though, we're wasting time with this, we should be fishing!

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
This topic comes up ever so often. The intent of the fishing report board is to share fishing information on the locations. To give people a better chance to catch fish and match conditions. Fishing changes daily, if you catch fish in 1 spot 1 day you may not the next. Letting people know what they are bitting on and where is more then enough information to get people out to a lake. Telling them the GPS coordinates is not needed... if they say the fish are hitting on this up at red feathers chances are it doesnt matter which lake you're fishing up there you will catch fish, if conditions are the same. THe more reports and the longer the reports stay on the board the better you can start finding patterns on how the fish move under certain situations.
Share what information you feel you want to share... if you find a post that doesnt have the info you want to know ask, the worst they can say is no.

· Registered
279 Posts
Its always something with someone. John requests we give exact locations when we post about where we fished. I looked back and read almost all posts made here since this website was born and several members demanded pics from catmann29 when he was catching big fish but couldn't figure out how to do it. Why do we have to share info or prove ourselves for the benefit of others? Just wondering..... :-\

· Registered
3,678 Posts
honey holes are to be savored not wasted, most of us had to put the time and effort into finding our own personal favorites, just to tell someone else where and excactly how to fish it.. i don't think i'll be doing that. if you want to go with me, fine i'll show some stuff but for real if some one even gives a lake thats fishing good,thats usually good enough. get out there and do some research, try some things.. how many times has anyone else tied on something just for the heck of it and lo and behold suddenly you are pounding the fish.it's the same for a lake you can't just pull up to shore and throw your favorite lure for 20 minutes and then walk away saying so and so was full of crap there aint no fish here. you gotta stick it out...

· Registered
7,737 Posts
John --- 8) welcome to the site! I've said it before, but...here goes. Although I love this site (obviously  ;D), my main reason for visiting it, is research and information. I found this site looking for tips on Aurora Res. It's over an hour, and a half from where I live, and wanted to make the most of my fishing there. That was before this site was formated like this. Don was nice enough to e-mail me back w/ tips.
When I regestered, I had only caught Trout, and wanted to get into fishing for different species. I didn't know how or where to begain. I got a lot of tips (thanks everyone  ;)) Now just this year, I have caught everything I wanted to catch (except Wiper and Walleye). I always try to answer any questions I know anything about.
Now as far as honeyholes. I don't blame anyone for keeping em secret. I fish at LEAST twice a week, and you don't see all my reports. However, I think if it's in the {Fishing Reports} section, it should include certain details. DATE, TIME, LOCATION, LURE/BAIT, weather, and if possable water temp. If photos are posted in the main post, I check em out, and am happy they were posted. I'm a little bitter about Basshunter's pics though. Those fish wouldn't be near that big if they hadn't ate alot of the small ones I released!  ;) I love to see a report on a lake that I haven't fished before. When I go, I can pick up a few lures that have worked for others in ther posts, and try those 1st. It gives a little confidence. Odds are, I'll fish a different spot (of lake), and end up trying some of my go to stuff anyway. Yes, finding locations and methods is fun, but isin't looking at a lake/ponds fishing report considered research? I live at least 45 minutes away from any warm water fisheries, and the reports section helps give me an ideal of an area before going. Thanks to all.
                                                                      James

· Registered
4,780 Posts
I have to say I don't care whether people divulge their good fishing spots or not. If they report big fish, and at least some hint as to what area to be in, I like to think I can handle the rest of it by myself.

Of course if any of you want to go out and place my feet right in your boot tracks where you caught that big one, fine, and obviously John needs it. :D But I don't insist on it.

· Registered
4,780 Posts
fatfish said:
Sorry! :-[
fatfish, my comment was directed at Ken and not at you.

An administrator presumably has access to certain information that most of us don't, and I think it is a matter of honor to use this advantage with wisdom and restraint. If I decide, for reasons of my own, to de-register as "Walking Eagle" and become "Mud Turtle" or something, I would like to think I could do so without somebody pointing and waving, "Hey, look, everybody!"

If a forum member, like TAL, figures it out using her own intelligence, that's not an unfair advantage, she had no access to other information.

I would really like to see the forum adopt some sort of privacy policy, with the administrators' own choice of wording, just so the rest of us will know where we stand.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Walking Eagle Ken did not point out that fatfish was catmann29 until fatfish tried to mislead by his post.
Besides that bassgirl makes mention that fatfish is her husband and as catmann29 he said the same about bassgirl. If they were to worried about not being recognized as whatever user then they should of not posted such available information.

I dont know I dont follow the eyes wide shut method of moderating. If something is misleading I would rather let the users/members know, that way they can form their own judgement.

· Registered
4,780 Posts
ePiC said:
Walking Eagle Ken did not point out that fatfish was catmann29 until fatfish tried to mislead by his post.
Besides that bassgirl makes mention that fatfish is her husband and as catmann29 he said the same about bassgirl. If they were to worried about not being recognized as whatever user then they should of not posted such available information.

I dont know I dont follow the eyes wide shut method of moderating. If something is misleading I would rather let the users/members know, that way they can form their own judgement.
ePiC, you make some valid points, and there's no point in denying obvious facts.

But I do think some kinds of things require more vigorous policing than others. fatfish's post, the one that drew the fire, was perhaps not what I would have done, but certainly was not an attempt to cause trouble for anyone.

In cases like this I would think showing a little forbearance would be the better course. Besides, look at all the good karma you stand to gain. :)

I would still like to see a formal privacy policy.

Cheers, W. E.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.