Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So McFish and I had plans to go fishing tonight but I just oet a call from one of my employee's saying she's not sure if she's going to be able to work tomorrow and will call me in the morn and let me know. So now, instead of going fishing I have to wait at home to see if I have to work tomorrow!!!

Dam being the boss sux a$$!!!!!

-Jay

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Jay,

I know of what you speak. I've been a boss for a few years now. I now know that it is not a desirable position and most people don't want to do it. You feel like the lone sucker who was stupid enough to take it on. The additional money is also nothing as I'm convinced I am making less per hour as a manager... :'( I remember thinking, "What do those goofy managers do, anyway, just sit around and tell other people what to do!!" Yea, right.

Hope you have better luck next time...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats funny you say that cause I am the Manager which in turn makes me the Boss of my Store and the staff. The funny thing is I do sit around and tell them what to do. But hay!! NO ONE can tell them what to do as well as I can!!! :) :) :)

-Jay

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I wish my boss was like that. For my boss, it's more like "Hmmmmm.... I wonder which one of my employees can I wake up in the middle of the night to go fill in for the one who called in?"

·
Registered
117 Posts
Amen brother I used to be a jobsite foreman for an hvac company At first i thought waht a good job untill i realized one day that all I was a high priced baby sitter and said to hell with that. And went back to commercial refer. Now i am much HAPPIER :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts