Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post to the forum. I've been a member for a few weeks but hadn't made it out since I joined. My buddy and I went to Bellaire Saturday arrived just before 7:00. After a short hike into the lake, setting up the hut and drilling holes we immdiately began to see fish just below the ice. I started out with a home made jig and my buddy started with a marabou jig. The fish would come right up and hit the jigs but they wouldn't take it in their mouth. We fumbled with different colored jigs and metal spoons, tipping with nightcrawler, mealworm, powerbait. Finally we found the magic combo to be a very small jig, with just a tiny chunk of nightcrawler. If you put to much night crawler on they would bump it but they wouldn't grab it. Color of the jig didn't seem to matter just had to be small and tiniest piece of worm. I think we probably managed 35-40 fish a piece between 9:00 and 3:00. The warm temps did lead to some open water/soft ice on the west shore but the rest of the lake was about 10". Windy as usual!!
Fysherman

1 - 1 of 1 Posts