Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished it today with my son. The ice was a good 4-5 inches thick. Anything tipped with a mealworm would work 13 FOW...no wind and warm temps...too hot in the hut at times. We didn't even bother to count the # of fish, but I thought I'd show you just how fast we would hook up...check the vex from the time my son's jig goes down until the fish is caught and released by dad (who had long stopped fishing). Very fun way to start the ice fishing season.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ready for my teacher response?? "The only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked." It is up in the Red Feathers area outside of Ft. Collins.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Nascar or Fishing? said:
Ready for my teacher response?? "The only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked." It is up in the Red Feathers area outside of Ft. Collins.
hey man, i got a spot just like bellaire then, did u ever happen to see my extreme trout slayin trips?

·
Registered
94 Posts
When did we first ice fish that lake? Like MLK weekend 2005? We did have one slow day there, but only one. I sure do wish I still lived in an area where I could already be ice fishing. Hope you guys hit it up multiple times over your holiday break.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Brandon, that sounds about right...saw one day with some pretty rotten ice there and a wicked sunburn as well. When are we hitting up Antero again?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hike is nothing. Easy this year since there was good snow on the road....we didn't need to pull our gear on the side of the road in the shade where the snow doesn't melt like years past.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Nice! I hit Bellaire (and another RF lake) right before it covered with my family. Can't wait to get them out there to ice it!

Thanks for the report, and I think you gave me info/conditions on that lake last winter (thanks for that too)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts