Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first camping trip of the year and omg it was a blast. we ventured up to red feather lakes saturday morning got ther round 10ish and went straight to west lake. we all brought 2 poles but only needed 1.. we were catching fish almsot every cast, using a massive varity of lures and baits (ie. salmon eggs #1choice, worm, pistol petes, kastmasters, daredevils, rooster tails, powerbait). bows and browns rangeing 5-12" nothing too big. after bout 3 hours of nonstop action went back set up, ate, and then headed to bellaire for somemore nonstop action.. man u couldnt even set ur pole down, again brought 2 only need 1. omg it was lose count kinda action, but then the rain came to end this day of fishing..
woke up the next morning and got to west lake again. as we were walking to our spot we walked pass a guy fly fishing, right after the exchange of greeting the guy goes WHOA and sets it.. we stuck around and gave him an audience, took him a good 3 mins to get this fish in, it was 19 3/4" fat boy bow very pretty colors.. i know nothing of flys, but he was using a woolybugger i think he called it. i guess its a pistol pete without the propeller. anywho again we went to the same spot we were before and got the same results, nonstop action. everyone was catching fish. all over the lake.. biggest one we caught was 15" bow. so after catching dozens of 5-15"ers we wanted something bigger (mass numbers of small one is a blast dont get me wrong) so we checked out dowdy in hopes of something a lil bigger, but nope, jus the same lil fishies, jus as active as the other lakes..bout nother hour n half goes by and we left dowdy and went back to bellaire to catch a few moer before we packed up by this time we were out of salmon eggs and worms so nothing pistol petes this time was a lil slower but we were still hooking up left and right.. nother half hour there then had to head back to camp and pack up..

sorry for the ridiculously long post, but hehe it was alotta fun.

tf

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Tokersfriendly --- Don't appologize for the length. Great report. I love camping up there. You didn't here anything while you were up there about Parvin, did you? Anyway, nice report. Sounded like a great time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts