Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a belly mount spare tire on their boat trailer? If so would you be so kind to either post a photo here or email me a photo so i can see how it is attached?

The_big_dogs at msn dot com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is it just a single piece of all thread drilled through the trailer and into one of the lugs?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
It’s a j- hook with threads on the top, but straight all thread would serve the same purpose .

I can take the spare off it you want to see the frame beneath it.

Bought the boat brand new , that’s the way it came.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
That should work great. I think I would thread on a couple of nuts and then cut the bolts down a good bit after the fit. No need for all the extra thread when you want to remove the wheel.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the help (even Ninja ). Got a part order and hopefully it will work.

If I would have thought of calling Ranger direct, I would have done that Bob. Looking closer at it, I see why people cut them off. Not a ton of clearance between it and the ground.

Good idea on cutting it down Hobie. I hope I don’t have to use it much.

I put new tires on it Friday. They old ones looked good but they were 6 years old and I wanted to reduce my chances of problems.

And dad and I found out it does catch fish. At least in May.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice ...really nice boat. I hear you about hoping you don't have to use it much. Ran over a stupid piece of plywood with my brand new tires on the way home from fishing today on the highway. Nothing like having to empty out the truck in the dark and put on the spare on the shoulder. Worse yet...I had never put the spare on before and to say it was low on air is an understatement. Thirty miles an hour with the flashers on until I could get off and find a gas station. Simple thought...check the air in your spare under your truck...or on your trailer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts