Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a guy who had the nimrod adapter with a 18 volt drill mounted on his 6" auger, he let me borrow it and & I drilled 6 holes thru 16" of ice in no time, really impressive, think I'm going to get that set up next ice season. Just wondering what you all think is the best adapter, also the best drill for the money and would you prefer the 18 or 20 volt and does torque lbs. rating matter?

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Have you looked at any of the electric augers? I picked up an icegator electric head this season, and really love it so far. They have adapters to run all the major styles of augers, I run mine with an 8" strikemaster Mora. It will cut 2' of ice in under 10 seconds

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I think Bud from Gander has one of those crazy things and swears by it...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Its the K-Drill, has a cast iron head, with tool steel ripper blades. Run it with Milwaukee M-18. Sold the Strikemaster Mag 2000.

·
Banned
553 Posts
I have the ion and i have the attachment for the drill for my 6". If your going to use a drill use the 1/2" in 18v or higher, the others crap out under that much torque. Make sure to change it to the lowest speed. I use a 20v lithium plus and it works great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use the clam with a Rigid 18v. I did get the larger 24v battery as well and absolutely love how it works. I use it with a 8" Eskimo blade. The only thing I have found out with using these is that you really need to keep the batteries insulated or they do drain quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts