Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new this looks like a great a great forum! My first question is, what do you think the best bass fishing lake in Colorado is? I know some people would probably like to keep their favorite spots secret, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Hey guys I'm new this looks like a great a great forum! My first question is, what do you think the best bass fishing lake in Colorado is? I know some people would probably like to keep their favorite spots secret, but any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe.
Hey joe, where you going with that gun in your hand?

j/k, anyway, you talking best numbers, biggest? smallies or largies? i like Standley.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
No secret that historically Quincy has produced largemouth and Chatfield has produced smallmouth. Wouldn't call either of them a "hot spot," but that's a start. Don't fish em off the beds. Holla.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey joe, where you going with that gun in your hand?
j/k, anyway, you talking best numbers, biggest? smallies or largies? i like Standley.
Lol^^Anyways, I had biggest largemouth in mind. Smallmouth too. I know lakes in Colorado that are good for numbers. Echo lake near Pagosa Springs is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Next thing ya know you'll be asking about the best laker spots, and if you can borrow someones wife?

I say just go to McPhee for scenery and both species.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
And you Morons wonder why so many people have left this site:embarassed:

Goto Pueblo for both Lm and smallies. Aurora for smallie's, Chartfield for smallmouths, Horsetooth for just lots of little bass.

No one of course are going to give up their small favorite ponds, but that will give you a good start at least and is not like those spots are any kind of secret::) Welcome to Colorado by the way!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
And you Morons wonder why so many people have left this site:embarassed:

Goto Pueblo for both Lm and smallies. Aurora for smallie's, Chartfield for smallmouths, Horsetooth for just lots of little bass.

No one of course are going to give up their small favorite ponds, but that will give you a good start at least and is not like those spots are any kind of secret::) Welcome to Colorado by the way!
this as well.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
a fishing close to home book will give you all the info you need for front range lakes. most of them have a good population of bass. some are better than others, but its up to you to put in the footwork to figure out that one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts