Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start. Mine was Shantaram.

convict escapes out of maximum security prison over the front wall between two gun towers. He then lives in the slums of india where he starts a free medical clinic, then joins the indian mafia smuggling passports and doing black market currency exchange, followed by a trip to afghanistan where he fights alongside the natives against the russians, and returns to India to live an even crazier life at the head of the newly established mafia. all true except the names of the people and places. 900 pages. and somehow 90 percent of it was some sort of crazy hopeless romantic love story. check it out. read the first two pages in barnes and noble. if your not hooked by then, put it down and walk out.
 

·
P I K E
Joined
·
10,082 Posts
"The Art of Coping with a Bad Prostate" by I.C. Morebutts

Contents pretty much go along with title!

I started reading the web-book of "The life and times of BHO"...but the screen kept cutting out and words were to garbled to read! :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,266 Posts
I've read so many good books as of late.

My fav is the book im reading now. 'The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star'. Amazing what the human body can live through.
[me=Jay] [/me]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,139 Posts
Anne Rice: Servant of the Bones. Fiction/Horror. Actually read it at the end of last year. Great read. Have not had much reading time this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,402 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read this one early this year? :D Anyway: Living Constitution, Dying Faith: Progressivism and the New Science of Jurisprudence. Incredible book.. Still doesn't compare to The Five Thousand Year Leap. That one will change your life..or it at least should.

Working on Schindler's List & Woodrow Wilson and the Roots of Modern Liberalism at the moment..




D.J.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,427 Posts
i read 2-3 books a week. a couple of months ago i reread all of the books by Joe Weber. the last time i read them was almost 30 years ago. another author i like is dale brown, i am only missing about 2 of his books
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster

by Jon Krakauer

Really great book.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
re-read Gallileos Daughter by Dava Sobel yet again - chronicles the letters between Gallileo Gallilee and his illegitimate daughter who was also his main confidant during his herecy trials by the roman church. Awesome insight into the politics of the time and the rule of the church in Italy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jay said:
I've read so many good books as of late.

My fav is the book im reading now. 'The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star'. Amazing what the human body can live through.
[me=Jay] [/me]
sounds interesting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tubejig said:
Flyboys, and ironically I had just finished Horse Soldiers two weeks before Bin Ladins fate was sealed! ;)
wow. i read lone survivor not long ago about some seals that did a crazy mission in afghanistan. ironically one of the seals that died was Danny Dietz from colorado. His mother was interviewed on the news following the death of bin laden. that ones a really great read as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
FPF said:
Silver said:
Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mt. Everest Disaster

by Jon Krakauer

Really great book.
didnt they make a movie of that?
Yes, a very poor one. Didn't do the book or the story of what happened justice at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,266 Posts
FPF said:
Jay said:
I've read so many good books as of late.

My fav is the book im reading now. 'The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star'. Amazing what the human body can live through.
[me=Jay] [/me]
sounds interesting
Very interesting.
[me=Jay] [/me]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
FPF said:
Tubejig said:
Flyboys, and ironically I had just finished Horse Soldiers two weeks before Bin Ladins fate was sealed! ;)
wow. i read lone survivor not long ago about some seals that did a crazy mission in afghanistan. ironically one of the seals that died was Danny Dietz from colorado. His mother was interviewed on the news following the death of bin laden. that ones a really great read as well.
I'll have to look up Lone Survivor, would you happen to know the author on that?
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top