Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always fished power pro braid, and am looking to possibly expand my horizons. What do you all prefer to use?

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
I been using power pro with ok results IMO. Put Suffix on BadAnimuls reel and she hasn't had near the troubles I have with line twist and knotting. I might change to that next time, not sure though.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I just put on some Fireline is some bright @ss green color, seems to be working good but its noisy!

I had my ups and downs with powerpro, I hope fireline works for me.

·
Registered
866 Posts
PowerPro 6# and 15#. Fireline Crystal 2#, 3#, and 14#. All used with a swivel and Yozuri Hybrid (smoke, clear, or green) 4#, 6#, 8#, 10# for leader material.

15# PowerPro is great for baitcasting.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm using Power Pro and Fireline on several different rigs. Both lines are performing good for me, but overall I prefer Power Pro. 100 percent Power Pro on all of my Muskie and Pike Rigs. About half and half on Bass and Walleye rigs.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Starting to really love the Fireline. Have both the smoke and crystal in several different sizes from 4# - 30#! Does seem to cut on sharp rock edges fairly easy, but trying to break it any other way is chore! Casts well and love the low memory!

HC Out!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I now use Power Pro 20 and 30 lb and love it. I then use a short mono or fluoro leader in 15 or 20 lb joined to the braid with a Uni-to-Uni knot. Lets me feel everything.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
For a baitcaster I'd go with Power Pro in 15 or 20. For spinning I'd go with Fireline in 10 or 14-handles better on spinning-less air knots and rod wraps than PP.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I like Power Pro in the heavier weights, like 20 to 50 lb., but in the lighter weights I have settled on Fireline Crystal as my go-to line. Have a number of rods spooled with 3 to 6 lb crystal and it works great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts