Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an HDS Carbon 9. The stock Chatfield map doesn't have a ton of detail.

I know I can record my own map but am also interested in finding the best mapping cards for Colorado and the rest of our region.

Anyone have any suggestions? Specifically the best Chatfield Map?

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
You can download all of the social maps at insightgenisis... It's a complete POS of a website, and figuring out how to do it will cause you migranes, but in the end, you will figure it out and you will have great maps...

http://insightgenesis.laketrax.com/SocialMap

·
Registered
2 Posts
Navionics +. I use the US/Canada version rather than the regional versions. Have it on my HDS 9 Gen 3 and the Chatfield map has a lot of detail,

·
Registered
69 Posts
One word "Navionics". The Go Free maps are by far better than any map card. I down load maps for my HDS Gen 3 all the time and up load all my recorded data to add to the data base. When ever my HDS is running I save the data to upload.
CH

·
Registered
6,684 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
It makes no sense to pay for Navionics maps which are accurate, but not as accurate as the social maps... Lowrance's social maps are really nice and really free. If they just had a decent tech department, it would be bliss.. .man that website is a POS.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
You are correct about insight my head was killing me trying to load a map! I'm a tard when it comes to technology, I quit but will try again after a few drinks to see if that helps me!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
You are correct about insight my head was killing me trying to load a map! I'm a tard when it comes to technology, I quit but will try again after a few drinks to see if that helps me!
It will be worth the hassle!! And after you get the 1st one figured out any other ones you need should be much easier. "Should" be ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
love the maps...need to upgrade my depth finder in the next year or two to get a bigger screen and some extra perks, looking to go with a 5" lowrance just not sure which one...but I've got some time to do the research. any recommendations on them?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
love the maps...need to upgrade my depth finder in the next year or two to get a bigger screen and some extra perks, looking to go with a 5" lowrance just not sure which one...but I've got some time to do the research. any recommendations on them?
I would honestly just look to see what is on sale when you are ready to pull the trigger.... I got a great deal on my HDS-7 touch screen a year or so ago :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts