Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding the best electric air pump for my pontoon boat. I am looking for something super fast and quite. What do you all use?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Depends on usage, you have the options to get a bravo 12V auto pump. You can preset the pressure and it'll automatically shut off. I've only set it to the lowest and it's plenty. I could rig up other parts while it works. The down side for this is that it's loud enough to scare the fish within 100 ft radius.
Another option is to use the high volume pump and then top it off with a hand pump.
I use a mini K-pump to replace the foot pump, it's probably the best hand pump.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Oyey said:
I suggest the cheap arse one they sell at Harbor Freight... I think we paid 15 bucks...
Oyey, did the metro pump crap out on you? I alwasy thought those were bomb-proof.
I used one of these for a few years and loved it.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1705&pdeptid=1114
It is high volume low pressure, so you have to top a raft off. But it would fill a 14' raft in under 5 minutes.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
FishLip said:
Oyey said:
I suggest the cheap arse one they sell at Harbor Freight... I think we paid 15 bucks...
Oyey, did the metro pump crap out on you? I alwasy thought those were bomb-proof.
I used one of these for a few years and loved it.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1705&pdeptid=1114
It is high volume low pressure, so you have to top a raft off. But it would fill a 14' raft in under 5 minutes.
Nope, but I thought the metro pump might have been more expensive... My dad bought that other one for something else, and I used it... seemed like a good, cheap pump... The metro is crazy good, how much are they?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the response. This gives me some things to look at. I have a 9ft. pontoon with a boston valve. Would the Metro and the K-Pump work with that?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
mixedbag said:
Thanks for the response. This gives me some things to look at. I have a 9ft. pontoon with a boston valve. Would the Metro and the K-Pump work with that?
The metro comes with a couple of adapters, fits pretty much all the typical valves.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hubby picked up a Black and Decker rechargeable for about $50 at Home Depot. Yeah, still have to keep the hand pump for topping off, but that bugger inflates fast. Have time to do other stuff while it's running too. Bang on perfect for the tubes - now we both have 'toons, and can't wait for ice off!

One of our best investments so far. Does car and bike tires too.

I agree with Herman. Hand pumps are only just better than blowing it up by mouth. Electric always beats that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts