Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after going out several times in our new boat (pueblo, chatfield, cherry creek, blue mesa) my kids unfortunately have not brought in any fish from their own snoopy poles on the boat. Wondering if there is an easy spot to catch anything for kids. Thinking something like worm under a bobber. I thought about the shad in cherry creek since they are so abundant but I'll go for anything - sunfish, crappie, bluegills, other panfish. Any info much much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
bzboy said:
So after going out several times in our new boat (pueblo, chatfield, cherry creek, blue mesa) my kids unfortunately have not brought in any fish from their own snoopy poles on the boat. Wondering if there is an easy spot to catch anything for kids. Thinking something like worm under a bobber. I thought about the shad in cherry creek since they are so abundant but I'll go for anything - sunfish, crappie, bluegills, other panfish. Any info much much appreciated. Thanks.
If were that easy, when you find it please pm me, I'd like all the above as well. Bit early but Barr little later or much later in the season from a boat will be good. I'd be fishin from the shore with a bobber rig right now. The wind's killin us steadily. Havin a boat's cool, but don't equate to easy or #'s. Chatty ponds, see Grumpies posts, that might do it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Horsetooth come May should be a good place for kids, I've taken my step son their in May-June and he's had a blast catching smallies and bluegill from the boat.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Ogerswalleye said:
Horsetooth come May should be a good place for kids, I've taken my step son their in May-June and he's had a blast catching smallies and bluegill from the boat.
I'm thinkin a trip up to the tooth might be in order. My nephew got married there last year, what a freakin zoo. Maybe May's a good time to go.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
colonative said:
Ogerswalleye said:
I'm thinkin a trip up to the tooth might be in order. My nephew got married there last year, what a freakin zoo. Maybe May's a good time to go.
May is better then June and June is better then July on that lake on a weekend, I usually won't get to that lake until 6pm or so on weekend.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
colonative said:
Ogerswalleye said:
I also heard from a inspector that Horsetooth beat Pueblo last year for most boats during the summer time inspected.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
What type of boat? If you have a small boat with only an electric motor I KNOW your kids could catch some stockers at Arvada Res.

If your willing to travel a little, you should be able to get into them at Steamboat or Stagecoach come May or early June.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Season is just starting for lindy rigging at Pueblo.
Depending on the age of the kids, it can be fun.
Even adults lose lots of leaders to the snags.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Lake Powell, seriously pick any canyon follow it to the end, park the boat on the bank, and hang worms over the side. Sunfish and catfish galore. Nothin big, but fast action for kiddos.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Deweese by Westcliffe is always a good place to take kids on a boat. You can troll using panther martins or little rapalas or anchor and throw some bait out for the rainbows.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I was going to say Skagway, then i got to the last post. So.....ditto what ElpasoCty said. That place is a trout pond, heck you can even camp there for free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts