Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I'm heading up to some Gold Medal Waters for trout in the next few weeks. I'm curious what your recommendations are for the best-colored ROOSTER TAIL and PANTHER MARTIN lures? That is, what colors of these lures have you had most success with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you're sticking with those two options, my "go to" Panther Martin is the yellow teardrop body with red spots and a silver blade with red stripes. I think it's called the salamander silver. If you're fishing water that's a little bigger, you may want to consider fishing a jerkbait. Dynamic HDs and JSpecs are solid choices there or the the bigger brown trout pattern Rebel Tracdown. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
What river are you fishing? For browns the PM gold blade, black body with yellow spots works best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're sticking with those two options, my "go to" Panther Martin is the yellow teardrop body with red spots and a silver blade with red stripes. I think it's called the salamander silver. If you're fishing water that's a little bigger, you may want to consider fishing a jerkbait. Dynamic HDs and JSpecs are solid choices there or the the bigger brown trout pattern Rebel Tracdown. Good luck!
Great thanks! I’ll check all those out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Davidpostier, expect a crowd if you are near Deckers, start early in the morning, avoid weekends if possible. The lower end of the river has some nice fish also, not as many fish but usually a lot fewer fisherman.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Davidpostier, expect a crowd if you are near Deckers, start early in the morning, avoid weekends if possible. The lower end of the river has some nice fish also, not as many fish but usually a lot fewer fisherman.
Thanks for the advice. I'll technically be fishing on a friend's private property, but I get that it'll still be affected. Looking to go up on a Friday to beat the crowds!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts