Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best lake or res. for northern pike fishing in the state of Colorado.
Got water dogs wanta travel...... 8)

·
Registered
36 Posts
there are no pike in evergreen it's all tiger muskie .spiny is closed in the winter no ice fishing 11 mile williams fork are your best bet and stagecoach if you really wanna travel. evergreen has some big tiger muskie if you can't travel far it's your best bet if you do go to these lakes please post it would love to see some big pike pictures good luck !

·
Registered
410 Posts
redneckman said:
there are no pike in evergreen it's all tiger muskie .spiny is closed in the winter no ice fishing 11 mile williams fork are your best bet and stagecoach if you really wanna travel. evergreen has some big tiger muskie if you can't travel far it's your best bet if you do go to these lakes please post it would love to see some big pike pictures good luck !
Chit, your right about evergreen :)

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'm not telling because the DOW will put a bounty on the lake and kill all my Pikeys! The good news is they are hardy and tend to reappear in places where they have supposedly been exterminated!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lucky7 said:
I'm not telling because the DOW will put a bounty on the lake and kill all my Pikeys! The good news is they are hardy and tend to reappear in places where they have supposedly been exterminated!
Ha Ha Ha LOL....Here I thought you had the grand daddy of all the lakes to tell me about Lucky! I here ya 8)

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Whats wrong with 11-mile? Caught a 18"er and saw a 3 footer swim by last time out. I dont fish for them but I am always seeing them-

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Elevenmile Res. Caught quite a few there over the years. Taylor Park Res. or Sanchez Res. Underused in the winter. Read Clint Walkers article from Colorado Outdoors last winter.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
Elevenmile Res. Caught quite a few there over the years. Taylor Park Res. or Sanchez Res. Underused in the winter. Read Clint Walkers article from Colorado Outdoors last winter.
This just in...There are no more Pike in Colorado so stop fishing for them! ;D

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SLAYERFISH said:
Whats wrong with 11-mile? Caught a 18"er and saw a 3 footer swim by last time out. I dont fish for them but I am always seeing them-
11 mile just doesn't produce like it used too!
I like my tip up flag flying high all the time ;D 8)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lucky7 said:
elkdeerbear said:
This just in...There are no more Pike in Colorado so stop fishing for them! ;D
I heard someone caught one at Antero."O know" 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
If the reports and hysteria about Antero are true then I would say that the best place to catch pike will be Antero in the winter of 2012-2013. They should be big enough to eat a 6 lb trout by that time.

The trick will be trying to keep a 6lb trout on my tip-up as bait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts