Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to fish? Me and my dad just want to catch something. Ken said the 2 docks are open, im just wondering where you all fish there? I need to fish where there is no ice!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smart alecs, im going to go find a corner and hide now....lol. No i was just wondering if anybody has better luck on 1 side or the other, thats all.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I fish of the docks and have caught fish pretty much everytime I've gone... I usually fish to the sides of the docks not straight out infront. However when I fish over by the pump house I had a huge tiger chase my lure in... but couldnt get it to bite. I've only ever caught trout out of there seen alot of suckers, bass, and tigers swimming the shoreline, my kid has caught a couple goldfish and lots of bluegills. I've heard people catching large catfish... the DOW guys tell me state record size cats were reloacted from propsect when it was drained into it they also tell me a 4.5 lb Saugeye was caught there. Ken says he's caught some saugeye there too.

I've never been able to snag anything in that lake, so I think its just a gaint bowl with no cover.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah ...anywhere I've ever fished there is 'good'. I used to work about five minutes from there, so I would go on my lunch break three or so times a week.

In a couple of months the crappie should be easy to catch near the 'inlet' (northeast corner).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts