Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cheap old Frabill Venture hut which has a plastic floor on it. I love to sit right over the hole and watch the fishing. I've used buckets, the chairs that come in a bag and good old webbed lawn chairs. I wound up using the webbed lawn chairs because they don't sag much in the butt thus allowing me to sit up and over the hole. I also taped some old carpetting around the aluminum legs so that when the chairs rock they don't make a lot of noise on the hard plastic bottom.

What are the chairs/seats of choice among you guys? I'm always looking for ways to improve hut comfort and viewing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Colorado, just like old times eh, I beleive the best seating is next to you and the boy at 11 Mile watching you drag in all those fish. Either that or the padded bench seat with a back rest in my new Eskimo hut........

I can't beleive I posted on an ice fishing site in August ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
The bucket with the football seat pad on it.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's a hardwater junkie like yourself doing using a handle called "Fly Chucker"? LOL!! ;D ;D

You must have picked up on the carpeted chairs...

Now let me find some pictures of a Fly Chucker with a 30 pound mack that I have cached.....

Welcome aboard and say hi to Mr. French!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Unfortunately unless you have a clam or one of the more expensive brands of portable shelter you are pretty limited in seating arrangements. I have a viking shelter I picked up cheap on the internet a few years ago. I can put 2 people without too much trouble using bag type chairs. if there are 3 then we have to use buckets. If its just me then I can use a reclining lawn chair and be very comfortable.

Of course everythng changes if one of the people is extra large or if everyone wants to fish with 2 poles. But 2 people in chairs works pretty well.

Dan

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a 3 person Viking Ice Hut. It is really only go three holes not enough room for 3 people. The seating is limited but i beleive i could fit two people in nicely with small chairs. All the gear has to go outside though. But for $50 i am not complaining!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
with my fish trap voyager, we set up and drill 3 holes each, 2 for poles and a vexilar on each side, then each person gets one more hole drilled by their feet, in a spot where you can see both of your jigs without a lot of movement(spooks the fish, yes they can see you) we fish a lot of no bait lakes and we have found that sight fishing is the only reliable way to catch pigs.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
folding chair from walmatr w/cup holder in arm rest

·
Registered
377 Posts
Openwater entimologist was tuff for me to spell so I opted for something easier and more descriptive of my technique.

I'll see you on the AK sometime this afternoon. I'll send you an email around noon to confirm the meeting time.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Football seat on the bucket, DUH! Why didn't I think on that? I'll have to give that a go. I've never had a problem with the bucket, but ya know, as the years start creeping up, back gets alittle stiffer :eek:.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey colorado, I'm new at this so if I make a mistake please forgive. Just registered. I use a old age shower chair to sit on, wheather in hut or outside. It had adjustable legs to extend up so the back is straight and hips are not bent. Also can see down hole just like I was in there. I find them at garage sales for 5.00. Hope this helps, it helped Me be more comfy. ???

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I sit in those bag type chairs outside. I tried a shelter before with my brother but it wasn't for me. I think one day I just might have to drag my lazy boy recliner down there, or maybe by a waterproof bean bag chair. lol.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
There were a couple of guys a number of years back at the Lake John contest that drug their Lazy Boys out on the ice...complete with a chunk of carpet under them...we were jealous...only saw them one year...maybe their significant others killed them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts