Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips or advise on how to catch Pike at 11 mile. It will be my first time fishing on the ice up there. Locations, rigs, bait, etc..... any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think its mostly a matter of finding them, Becuase one day I was trout fishing and started catching pike on just a meal worm jig combo, I think I iced 2 or 3 all around 20"
all around sun down, It was somewhere near suckercove....
one day I say a 40+" down my hole, couldnt get him to bite though......

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Here is the current report from 11-mile Sports (the marina store at the lake), which offers some suggestions:

"NORTHERN PIKE: GOOD: It's been steady and consistent but not everyday. You can go two or three days with not a one and then one day thats all you catch. More little fish in the west bigger fish still on the prowl from Rocky Flats to Coyote Ridge. Witchers seeing nice ones too. Waterdogs continue to produce but so does other bait like large spoons tipped with meal worm or small piece of suckers. Large white and chartreuse tube jigs have been productive."

Stop in and talk to the guys up there; I'm sure they will help. If you want to catch pike, focus on depths less than 15', and as shallow as a couple feet. Set out some tip-ups with waterdogs, suckers, or anchovies if you have tip-ups. Of not go with some type of jigging spoon tipped with Sucker or Anchovie, even a mealie, or tube jigs with the same. Good Luck! I hope you lay into a nice gator!

Tight Lines!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts