Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of my yard goes crazy with weeds.... Getting tired of it. Thinking of laying new fabric down. The previous owner or the builder didn't seem to overlap it very well so the weeds are in lines.
Considering re-doing it in sections. What brand do you recommend for a decent price.
Picked up some sand and pea gravel today at Pioneer sand and they have some... Didn't check the brand while I was there. While doing the work and thinking about what I wanted to do with the back I considered it.
Prices are:
3'-50' 11.95
3'-300' 60.95
4'-100' 31.95
4'-300' 80.95

Thanks guys! All rock here! Hell with that grass will live in a desert. :D :D >:D

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Pump spray with ground clear once a year??

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I'll be watching this thread closely. I eyeballed some of that stuff at lowes the other day and thought it was mad expensive. I am going to need a bunch of this because the majority of my back yard will be rocked. Tired of the dust.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Awesome Jason. Kurt, go ahead and go to the one in springs....because all the rolls are gonna be gone at the one here in pueblo as of 3:30pm LMAO

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Get the stuff that looks like Felt its called Typar and it is expensive there is no cheap route for good weed fabric.. The cheap black mesh stuff at Home Depot is crap. Remember no weed fabric is 100% there will always be weeds to some extent. Spray them with Round Up Pro a few times a year and you should be good. If your rock is dirty when you install it over the fabric you will definitely have to deal with weeds. Once that rock gets rained on a few times that little bit of dirt that wash's off is all weeds need to get going.

Cedar mulch is more weed proof then rock and easier to deal with weeds but then you have the maintenance of mulch to deal with.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I've used the fabric costco carries. It's MUCH less expensive than home depot. I think it's a 4' x 200' roll for about $30, and includes some staples. I can't find a link for it, but it's a good price and works really well. I had it in my old yard, and it did a great job for the 4.5 years I lived there.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Trout said:
Get the stuff that looks like Felt its called Typar and it is expensive there is no cheap route for good weed fabric.. The cheap black mesh stuff at Home Depot is crap.
You can get this cheaper through a asphalt company if you know someone...

·
Registered
731 Posts
Trout said:
Get the stuff that looks like Felt its called Typar and it is expensive there is no cheap route for good weed fabric.. The cheap black mesh stuff at Home Depot is crap. Remember no weed fabric is 100% there will always be weeds to some extent. Spray them with Round Up Pro a few times a year and you should be good. If your rock is dirty when you install it over the fabric you will definitely have to deal with weeds. Once that rock gets rained on a few times that little bit of dirt that wash's off is all weeds need to get going.

Cedar mulch is more weed proof then rock and easier to deal with weeds but then you have the maintenance of mulch to deal with.

i do lawn care and had 2 customers ask about small landscape jobs. are you looking for jobs? what would you ballpark for labor and materials for a 20'x90' strip for simple river rock, typar and edge? thanks

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
crankn101 said:
Trout said:
Get the stuff that looks like Felt its called Typar and it is expensive there is no cheap route for good weed fabric.. The cheap black mesh stuff at Home Depot is crap.
You can get this cheaper through a asphalt company if you know someone...
Yea or just go to the plant its located in Englewood. Buying the wider rolls saves you in the long run and makes the install go alot easier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts