Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
caught some fish worth catching this time. couple bass between 16 and 17", the obligatory little bass, something enormous that fought me forever, gave me a fleeting glimpse of it and bit my line. was so sad, it was an amazing fight with lots of turn and lots of line taken out again and again. and one bummer walleye at 17.5" edible but not keepable.

Only two downsides were a lot of time an distance between fish and once again zero ability to find or catch any crappie of any size. really wishing I could get into even a few crappie.

was crazy busy so I didn't fish down Juniper rd, planned it, just didn't happen. tried several suggested spots (thanks for the suggestions) nothing there. all of these off main points except one walleye in a cruddy little cove that didn't count for much of a cove.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm kind of relieved to hear you say that. I struggled with the crappie yesterday and although the small bass were biting well, when I turned my attention to walleye, it was nothing but undersized fish. It really hurts putting them back over and over again.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
, when I turned my attention to walleye, it was nothing but undersized fish. It really hurts putting them back over and over again.
Well that's what happens when everyone keeps every 18" fish caught
Early spring you catch a lot of keepers. By late April mid may the ratio gets way worse unless you get on a school of bigs that haven't been picked off.

Colorado fishing reports looks like pueblo res fishing reports lol.
Gonna be packed from here on out.

Least you caught some fish NG. You should be learning a lot. Pay attention to what around you when you catch the fish...

·
Registered
41 Posts
boondock;1966290 Least you caught some fish NG. You should be learning a lot. Pay attention to what around you when you catch the fish...[/QUOTE said:
. This is the key to speeding up your learning curve. How fast was your retrieve,what depth was your lure,water temp, ect.ect. Duplicate what worked,adjust ,refine,have fun.

·
Registered
285 Posts
you're not the only one - I fished my ass off and only got a few bass as well.

It seemed to me that most of the crappie are on the lake side of the brush piles making it almost impossible to get to from shore. Also, that place gets slammed - I think many fish are picked off by afternoon so maybe try earlier in the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts