Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i;d let people know i was at jackson 2 times last week when i got home i had ticks on me then when we went again my brother had a tick on his neck and in his car so becareful there ,there on the ground and in the trees just thought i;d give everyone a heads up

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Those things give me the creeps! We got into 'em at Bonny a few years ago-yuck!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah the bugs there are getting really bad i really want to go back and catch wiper and pike again but i dont think i;ll be back there for awhile i spent a half hour getting them out definitly scared me

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks for the warning. A good way to get them out of your clothes when you get home is to put them in your bathtub as soon as you get in the house. As the clothes become cooler they will leave them and you can spot them trying to climb up the side of your tub. And if you don't clean your tub that often you can spot them climbing out of your tub and onto your floor. :eek:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
What if they're attached to you? What's the correct way to get them off?

L

·
0 Posts
The ONLY way to be certain you get the head out is to pull up the skin and snip the tiny piece of skin off with where the head is buried. I had one on my neck when I was a kid and it created a quarter sized purple "hickey" on my neck. The Doc told me that is the only surefire method of removing the head. We tried the old match trick and the tick pulled his head off. Nowadays I just pull them off and haven't had a problem.

Jackson is infested with those things.

·
Registered
267 Posts
da_teacher said:
i just heard a news story on the radio today about the beginning of tick season. the best way to remove them is with tweezers. the match trick is bad because it stresses the bug, causing it to salivatate, introducing anything it carries to you. gasoline does the same, plus it's bad for your skin. this was courtesy of an 850 AM news story.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
awe heck just let the suckers get there fill then they will leave on there own....LOL

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Great way to check out a new girl friend. Some times its tough to find them ticks by yourself.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah until you go " hey thats not a tic what the hll is that?"

·
Registered
234 Posts
da_teacher said:
What you want to do is get a cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol. Hold it on the tick for about a couple of minutes and it will let go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts