Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Wayne, I wanted to issue you a friendly challenge... You pm me w/ the directions to "unknown pond/gravel pit". We meet there and fish for a set amount of time (2-6 hours or so), and we see who catches the most/largest Bass. We could make a small wager (like $5), and if I lose (odds are  :-[) I will gladly pay. You can make all the rules, I'm not picky.

You don't seem like the type to back down from a challenge, so I'll be watching my messages.  ;D

Take care,
                      James

P.S. I always fish catch & release. 

Wayne (Bassmasters65)  ;)  Beautiful Fish !!!   ;)

Oh, and TL.... I  KNOW WHERE YOU FISHED LAST SUMMER !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
James,

You don't need to issue a challenge to go fishing with me. I only compete when on the tournament trail! To be quite honest with you, It would make me much happier if YOU caught the big fish and got to see you do it. I have been fishing for sooooo long and soooooo often that it really doesn't turn my crank to have a competition. My biggest fishing thrill in the ENTIRE WORLD is to waych my 4 year old son catch bluegills and crappie. I would rather see the expression on his face when he battles that 3/4lb bluegill than catch 100 10lb bass myself. Otherwise, I practice and relax a lot. I fish 7 days a week and usually twice a day. Last year I fished 322 days. During the off season, Sept thru Feb, I like to go out and try new lures, colors and techniques as well as refine the ones I use most often and just enjoy the great outdoors. I get a great joy out of catching big fish that have been caught before and turning them back into the water. One thing about it, if we do go fishing, we will probably catch fish!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Wayne, I was just kidding about the "challenge". There wouldn't be any, I just started Bass fishing this season. I would love to go fishing w/ you someday though, I'm sure I'd learn alot. It wouldn't have to be at an "unknown " spot. I feel you about your son. I have a 5 month old daughter. I just bought a Gund (stuffed) tackle box for her. I love it when she playes w/ it. She touched her 1st fish about a week ago. I was thrilled when she grinned. Can't wait till she's fishing (I'm thinking spring  ;D).
Anway, looking foward to your next article,
                                                                         James 

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks man! Lets go toward the end of next week perhaps.

·
Registered
594 Posts
TL...Actually it was 23.5%...
His posts also included some great info on carp stinkbait, so he is sharing information as well. Chill buddy!
left_turn56

·
Registered
594 Posts
LOL...that is one of my posts out of over 300. If you can HONESTLY say you have NEVER aksed somebody where the fishing was good I will not say another word to you about it. Nothing wrong with asking...just remember you might not get an answer for some guys, and that is ok!

I asked FG about Red Feathers because I thought I recoginized the area...nothing more! I have caught my biggest fish there and am willing to show anybody who asks (and has access to the lakes) where I caught them and what I caught them on.

There is no need for this to become personal...it is just fishing!!
left_turn56

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
left_turn56 said:
{it's gonna be a long winter, isn't it?}
No it wont because I'll be ice fishin and posting pics and braggin!   Maybe I'll say where and maybe I won't!HaHaHaHaHa

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
Ken Broeren said:
left_turn56 said:
{it's gonna be a long winter, isn't it?}
No it wont because I'll be ice fishin and posting pics and braggin! Maybe I'll say where and maybe I won't!HaHaHaHaHa
You guys are nuggets, But thanks for deciding to keep it civil.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Johnny019,  left_turn56, --- What's all this talk about Nuggets ?  We should be talking about the Red Wings, Eagles, or even the Avs.  ;D

G

·
anyone wanna talk about the packers? haha jk guys, great fish again, my parents are movin back to houston this summer, so when im on breaks during college, ill go chase some hogs down there like the good old days, haha

G

·
What has this place turned into? A guy or gal catches a nice fish he or she post s a pic of it and it turns ugly.

I think we all have places we fish that we wouldn't tell to everybody.

Wayne told everybody it's a public body of water. Get out there scout some new waters. Get a map book, do some digging. I'll see a body of water, check it out and if it doesn't say no trespassing or no fishing, I'm wetting my line.

Wayne has post pics of monster bass from private ponds and that post turned ugly. He posts a pic of a monster from public water that turns ugly. Just get out there and fish,
Big fish can be found in most waters. Put in your time.

Bass On

Scott

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I purchased a Colorado Gazetteer and discovered 100's of ponds and lakes I have never even heard of that are public and the DOW doesn't even talk about them. Truly amazing!! I cannot believe how many fishing places there are on this thing....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yeah, its the topo. Has a lot of info and there are so many high mountain lakes it's unbelievable!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Big Bass

Mustang said:
scorpion_bsk said:
Wow!!! That's all I can say!!!     I haven't seen a Largemouth that big since I was a kid down in Texas!!!
ditto
Are you from Texas? If so, where from? I lived all over, Matagorda to Houston, Glen Rose, Granbury, Round Top, Chalk Mountain and George West.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
scorpion_bsk said:
Mustang said:
scorpion_bsk said:
Wow!!! That's all I can say!!! I haven't seen a Largemouth that big since I was a kid down in Texas!!!
ditto

I was born in Port Arthur area. Grew up living on and fishing Toledo Bend Reservoir. Lived mostly in the Beaumont and Houston area.

Are you from Texas? If so, where from? I lived all over, Matagorda to Houston, Glen Rose, Granbury, Round Top, Chalk Mountain and George West.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Re: Big Bass

bassmasters65 said:
NinerRick said:
Your subject line is quite the understatement. Do you just let the senko
sit there for long periods of time, or do you jig or retrieve it?

When I talk about fishing the lure or worm slow, a lot of people don't realize just how slooooooow I am talking about. When fishing this time of year with a Senko style worm, always fish it weightless (unless you have to punch down through heavy cover). The technique I use most often in cooler weather is called "deadsticking". You simply cast the worm out and let it sink. Don't twitch it, pull it or put any action behind it at all! I let it set on the bottom for about 3 or 4 minutes and then reel it in and start over again. I know this sounds boring, but it is extremely effective in the fall. The fish have two options, either hit it on the fall or suck it up on the bottom. All three of the fish I caught sucked it off the bottom!!! Remember, this time of year bass experience a change in their metabolism and everything starts to slow down, so your presentation must as well.
I agree.
Last year on oct 30th actually I caught 5 bass at a local reservoir between 3 and 5 pounds on a 5" brown senko fished just like you described. That res. got drained this year :( I have never landed a bass even close to that MONSTER ALIEN BASS that you have!
That takes the cake as the best fish I've seen this year.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts