Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two days at Blue Mesa during what many call the best time of the year. At a lake I've spent years and countless hours fishing. I felt like I was at a different lake at a different time. Fish wern't active for more than a couple hours in the morning and a quick bite in the evening. All in all two days of fishing, I caught 1 19" brown, 2 23" macks, one 26" and a 32" 12lb. My partner barely managed to catch two macks on a jig an small piece of sucker meat. The weather was probably the problem, glassy calm all morning until a very light breeze around 4. I'll have pics sometime. Elk Creek ramp is still iced over but should be useable in a few days and lake fork marina is ice free but no ramp.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over a hundred miles of accessable shoreline to choose from, trout and macks can be caught. A fish that size is great, but the dismal part was how few fish were showing.

·
Banned
487 Posts
I'm headed up to Blue with my friend in his boat. We are going to fish for Macks. I am thinking of fishing right around the mouth of West Elk Creek Cove. I heard there are a lot of big ones around there. I also know that big macks are getting more rare in blue mesa because of the poor management by the CDOW. I hate them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts