Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the lake on bowles and wadsworth with my uncle and gramps within two hours caught about 30+ fish i used worms and a bobber, blue gill are huge, and crappie are decent sized i guess this is where the crappie went, very pleased with the catch a very good fishery.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
is this it?

where do you park and can you float tube it any other rules, like catch and release or no nights?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
nice is that the lake by that big park down from from southwest plaza mall i;ve always driven by it does anyone know what kind of fish are in there besides bluegill and crappie

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
the red dot near the upper left is the intersection of bowles and wadsworth in denver not from there so i cant elaborate on what is near by

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Just west of Clement Park.
I had a friend who used to fish this lake frequently in the 90's and always heard his stories of 18-20 inch bass. I fished it once back then with not even a bite.

Great job 303 how big were those crappies...? And were were you fishing on that map?

TH

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
And were were you fishing on that map?
...if he told you he would have to kill you! ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crappie where bigger then my hand which is bigger then usual hahaha i dont k now about colorado crappie, we also got some good sized ones nice and fat, i fished near the parking lot on the westside of the lake but im guessing theres alot of gills all over the place, that lake hardly gets fished, umm i also caught some small mouths and large mouths but i let those go cause they wher small, i dont keep bass any ways.

o and no float tubes or anything in that nature just shore fishing, they didnt say any thing about bag limit, is there a bag limit for gills? we caught around 30 to fourty and thats between three people, we caught alot more but the little cooler we had didnt fit any more.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
limit on gills is 20 in aggregate including green sunfish, perch and a few other sunfish on the crappie limit 10 but goes to 20 in the ark and south fork of the republican basins not sure how that area figures in that

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I have never fished it myself, but I was always told it just carp and in the spring some stocker rainbows. Guess I need to give it a try and see if I can pull out some Crappie!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
fished there today ended up with a 13 inch smallie and 3 largemouth on a drop shot, i saw so many carp, i tryed minows for crappie no luck, and never saw any bluegill,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah there are small mouths and large mouths in there, the easiest way to the spot for me to explain is, its in front of some apartments on the lake on the south side of the parking lot, closest to the star bucks or gunther toodies diner.

fish during or near sunset with worms, just throw your line out and reel in slowly, works every cast for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts