Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jerry and I headed out to the E-mile this morning. Didn't get there till about 9:30 am. Went to Rocking Chair to fish. Fished right next to (Jewelosorts), Wendi, Jeff, and her father. Nice to finally meet after talking through PM's for the past year. Jeff caught 1 bow while we were there. Guys next to them had 4 nice trout. Tried worms, lures, and flies. Me and Jerry didn't get nothing so after an hour went to Sucker Cove. Lake is already half thawed out. Seen anglers on the ice at Witcher's Cove, Cross Creek, and Coyote Cove. Cross Creek guy had open water in front and behind him, very dangerous and stupid in my opioin. The other ice fishers looked safer. Wind was blowing 1000 miles an hour, making it hard to watch your bait pole. Managed to slip off a rock into the water. Had a worm out, no hits. Was casting a Rapala, when wham, got a 19 inch brown. First brown trout at Elevenmile and biggest one I've ever caught. He smacked that Rapala like a ton of bricks. We left at 1pm. I got a picture I'll try and get posted in a while.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
We were down at Witchers. Glad to hear about the nice brown. Did you have some dry clothes to change into? Doesn't sound like you got hurt slipping off that rock. Stupid wind tore two of my grommets on the hut! :mad:

I met up with Wendi, Jeff and dad last night. It was good to meet them after reading a bunch of her reports.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Sounds like you had a good trip. The brown you caught sounds like it was a very nice fish. Congrats on catching a nice personal best fish.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congratulations on your brown, very nice fish! Glad you're ok after falling off the rock! Nice to meet you after a year and a half, we'll have to meet up again sometime!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for posting the pictures Cajun. i'm guessing total ice off and boats--2 weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts