Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with Slayerfish and DanDantheFisherman for a little snow fest up to Big Creek Lakes.

Slayer and I were on the sleds, and Dan had his killer Argo (man, is that thing ~so~ cool!).

The day started out crisp, with the temps reading -17 at Cowdrey.

10 miles past the end of county maintained roads, and we were there. A good two to three feet of virgin powder everywhere.. A welcome sight. Saw a few moose on the way in, but was too bundled up to go digging for the camera.

The snow did cause a bit of a slush-fest when punching through the ice, as all that weight wound up forcing water up into the huts. We just built little ice footings so we weren't actually sitting in the water... Oh yeah, ice was probably 12-14 inches.

As for the fishing, it was great. How couldn't it be?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, that's a place I have been wanting to fish for a while. Did you get into any grayling?
That Ski doo with the flames looks like the one I almost bought at the snowmobile expo last year.

·
Registered
16,531 Posts
The fishing with L-net and DANDAN was excellent. The catching, however, was a tad slow. I never got a bite. The only 2 fish I saw on the marcum were the 2 L-net got. Dan landed one.

Very windy, deep snow made moving a bit of a chore. We tried 5 different spots from 6-40 ft deep.

The sledding was awesome.

·
Registered
16,531 Posts
Quicsilver171 said:
SLAYERFISH said:
Very windy, deep snow made moving a bit of a chore. We tried 5 different spots from 6-40 ft deep.
Thats strange that you guys had strong winds, me and jamie were only 15 or so miles away from big creek lakes and we didnt have a breath of air all day.
What'd ya catch? Where's the report? ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
What'd ya catch? Where's the report? ;)
[/quote]
Well unfortunatly i have no report, just a skunk report too, no pictures nothing. allot of slush pockets already. 10'' of snow on top of the ice, 12'' or so of ice. i saw that argo at the gas station when i drove past, it looked badass.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Not to bust anybodys bubble but I'm sure that Summit slayer is riding kicked the argos ass going up to the lake, and when dan gets that beast stuck he is in for allot of fun for sure. Slayer what is your report on the argos performance on the trip?

·
Registered
16,531 Posts
bobco said:
Not to bust anybodys bubble but I'm sure that Summit slayer is riding kicked the argos ass going up to the lake, and when dan gets that beast stuck he is in for allot of fun for sure. Slayer what is your report on the argos performance on the trip?
Haha- OK -it was 10 miles from truck to lake. Dan arrived at the lake 45 minutes after we got there. And we were going at a moderate pace-35-45 mph on account of we didnt know the route. Anyway I think he was going about 10 mph tops.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts