Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Went out fishing today at a public area in Littleton. Fished for 3 hours from shore and ended up with 9 bass. Smallest was 2 1/2lbs and the largest (pictured) was 6lbs 3oz. The presentation was extreeeeeeeeeemly slow! I used a lipless crankbait in chartruese w/red eyes in the 1/4 oz size.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the crappy picture!!! It was taken with the sun coming directly into the camera.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's amazing...nice fish. You can stack that November bass against any bass I've caught in 2005. Lot of anglers say winter bassin' is a no-go in Colorado, which is not true. For the most part, it just takes extreme patience.

I usually get schooled and skunked for bass late November.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I keep planning on skiing on the weekend. Then I see one of your posts, and change plans to fishing again.....THANKS :)

Wicked nice fish Wayne !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks James! Man, the fall bass bite is on!!! I picked up 6 more nice ones today by running cranks very very slow. Maybe the Fall bite will continue until the Spring bite starts....wouldn't that be awesome!

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
Nice job again Wayne...he is a bassing machine!...

Maybe the Fall bite will continue until the Spring bite starts
...I am with you Wayne...many are eager for ice fishing season to begin...as far as I am concerned it can stay in the mountains...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks ZMAN! I hope this weather holds out for a while!!!!

·
0 Posts
6lbs. thats a great bass congrats. to you Wayne,I went fishing yesterday morning here in Ft.Collins,went to Shalton Lake,aka.City Park,fished from about 9a.m. until 12:30p.m.the bit was very hot caught a whole punch of Rainbows and some Cutthroats,a total 23 trouts,I put them all back in the water,again,all were caught with Tasmanien Devil,Kastmaster,Panther Martins,Curly Sue,Rostertail,French Spinner.1/4oz.
The Trouts were about 12-15" and 1/2lbs to 3/4 of a pound.
It was a good day.And then we went to see the new ''Harry Potter"flick ;good movie.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hello Wayne,
My true passion is bass fishing, but I don't seem to have the resources to find the type of lakes/ponds that have Bill Dance type fish like your picture. Could you help me out. I have all the equipment (just ask my wife) for any type of Bassin.
catfish_al

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
catfish_al --- a good place to find where big fish are being caught is the DOW's website. Look under their Master Angler awards, any LM Bass reported over 18 inches will get a CMA award. They list the lakes/ponds the fish were caught at. Oh, and nobodys gonna listen to your wife. My wife thinks 3 tackle boxes are too many. Women... ::)...What do they know!? JK  ;) 

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
catfish_al said:
Hello Wayne,
My true passion is bass fishing, but I don't seem to have the resources to find the type of lakes/ponds that have Bill Dance type fish like your picture. Could you help me out. I have all the equipment (just ask my wife) for any type of Bassin.
catfish_al
Do you want to catch big bass? I mean really big bass??? I can't and won't give out info on most of my spots but here is one that has yielded 7 bass over the 6lb mark this season alone and many 5lb'ers as well.  By the way, if you catch anything big, PUT IT BACK!!! There is a reason the are so many big fish in there and many of them have signs that they have been caught before. Take C-470 to Santa Fe, exit and go South to about Highlands Ranch Parkway, look to your right and you will see a Battered Womens Shelter. Park in front and walk through the dirt RV storage lot and look down the hill to your right. You will see a nice pond with railroad tracks running right behind it to the West. When you are facing East (railroad tracks are behind you) you will see a concrete plant that makes culverts up on the hill in front of you. Fish it slow and I do mean SLOOOOOOWW!!! If you don't, you will not catch any fish! Next, get yourself a topo map of Colorado and study it. When it's cold and crappy out, go exploring and survey some new spots for Spring. Thats what I did! I have caught 41 bass that weighted over 5 lbs this season alone within a 50 mile radius of Denver. The largest was 10lbs 14oz and the second largest was 10lbs 8oz. Most were in the 6 to 8lb range. I have found that when people tell me that a pond or lake does not hold big bass, that is where I go first! It's kind of a case of he said, she said and guess what, nobody really knows...

M

·
0 Posts
over ten pounds?!?! you are awesome, im guessing u will get the next state record, and it wont be out of some west slope lake eaither, thanks for the spot tip, i live like 10 minutes if that from there

·
Registered
943 Posts
thanks for the info wayne i always thought it was about impossible to catch a bass after october guess i will have to try bass fishing later in the year ;D

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wayne can fish...no doubt. Big bass in November is not an easy thing to do IMO.

Now if he pulls out a monster Colorado bass in DECEMBER...I might as well throw out every bass fishing book I ever read and subscribe to the Book of Wayne.

P.S. I'm learning a lot from the fishing articles he writes as well for the CF Mag. Even if you've read a ton of bass articles, there is always something you can pick up from his stuff. Thanks again!

·
Registered
578 Posts
3109elvis said:
6lbs. thats a great bass congrats. to you Wayne,I went fishing yesterday morning here in Ft.Collins,went to Shalton Lake,aka.City Park,fished from about 9a.m. until 12:30p.m.the bit was very hot caught a whole punch of Rainbows and some Cutthroats,a total 23 trouts,I put them all back in the water,again,all were caught with Tasmanien Devil,Kastmaster,Panther Martins,Curly Sue,Rostertail,French Spinner.1/4oz.
The Trouts were about 12-15" and 1/2lbs to 3/4 of a pound.
It was a good day.And then we went to see the new ''Harry Potter"flick ;good movie.
I just fished City Park today and fished for about an hour or so. Caught 5 trout, 3 were rainbows and 2 looked like cutbows. They had the rainbow stripe but the spots were different and they had the orange slashes. It was pretty cool, I have never fished there before. I'll have to fish it some more!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts