Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw on the news that there was a big fire very near the shore of JM, you could see the lake in the pic, and they evacuated some homes

it sounds like it is in the road 19 area, the homes are in ft.lyons

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Re: big fire at John Martin 4/11 now it is 11 sq. miles

Sashimi said:
:( Fires everywhere... I feel like fires should be happening in the Summer and Fall not Spring, or am I just weird ???
Not enough water anywhere to prevent them.....

I'm scared to burn the weeds out of last years garden for fear that I'd start a huge fire, I live on the eastern plains, there are already a ton of scar marks from fires this year.

W

·
0 Posts
walleye seeker said:
it is 22 sq miles now and 90% contained ft luons prison is with out power and running on generators
Sounds like a potential rodeo for the ages. :-[

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[
Did it make it east of the prison?
[/quote]

as it looked on tv it is all east of the prison. the tv showed a turkey feeding on the toasted grain, to get that bidr your camo would have to be called burnt cow turd

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
walleye seeker said:
[
Did it make it east of the prison?
as it looked on tv it is all east of the prison. the tv showed a turkey feeding on the toasted grain, to get that bidr your camo would have to be called burnt cow turd
[/quote]

Just east of the Prison is a huge marsh that was growing into some very nice waterfowl habitat. I used to hunt down there and would hear mid-day PT sessions. "Number 20, you are not doing your jumping jacks, please commence with your exercises" "43, out of line, 43, come forward now" " pushup time, on my count"......all over the loudspeaker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts