Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

OK, so it ain't Mac, but somewhere out east. That is a PB for me for this particular lake. For some reason it looks fatter when my friend holds it:

And I thought I was a good stiff armer... :D:-[

Eyeball:

Open wide, Spottie:

Surprise crappie:

It was slow weekend but it didn't stop us from having a good time :cool::

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lost 3 big ones
"Almost" don't count! :p Good luck, man. We came home early because my allergies were killing me. Yeah, I'm a big wuss now. When I was younger, whenever people told me that they have bad allergies and I would think to myself: man, you are just weak... :D

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I know! I hiked 2 miles thru effing tamarisk and thornweeds so I gotta brag about something.

If I didn't have to run line yesterday, I'd have gone where I think you went... Plus My girlfriend wanted to go somewhere far, yet where she could still medicate herself legally lol.
Ain't legal where we went. Should have been posted in the "out is state section." Anybody interested in knowing which lake it was can PM. Most will get a PM back from me (people with only 1 post won't). I just don't want to post the name here...

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
x2

I am guessing somewhere that warms up sooner than BM and its severe amount and depth of water...
Somewhere where the water warms up faster, within a lake that warms up sooner than BM. Temps were still only in the mid 40s according to a boater we saw.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Maybe you should release them until they start stocking more
I haven't targeted or caught any in CO in 4 years. Haven't kept any for another 3 years on top of that. As for out of state wipers, if peeps can't catch them, it' ain't because they don't get sufficient stockings. :-*:biggrin1:

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Actually, I take part of my statement back: I did catch some tiny wipers this ice season in CO and may have caught some here and there by accident. I stand by my statement about letting CO wipers go.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Great fish there Linh! Care to share what a low 40 degree's wiper eats during the day?
Same thing as in 60 degree water: cut bait. Yeah, I was bait dunking... :-[ BTW, we caught six catfish too. All small (between maybe 16-22"). There were 4 other guys throwing lures around us. Nothing.

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

bait dunking definitely don't count. :wacko:
I enjoy me some bait dunking every now and then! 8) Actually, I almost always do some bait dunking when I go to certain lakes, in addition to the lure throwing sessions. Certain times of the day and certain times of the year, that's the most productive method. Most importantly, it's hands free, all the better to enjoy the brown water! ;)

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well done
On my way! Thanks for the tip
Come on over! I have plenty of brown peeps for company there every year on shore. A couple of gringos on a boat ain't gonna make a difference. I got $50 you don't catch a wiper there this weekend. :-*

· Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yep. I've caught walleyes on a bobber/worm.
Blasphemy! Walleyes ain't that easy to fool! :p Lots of fish are suckers for worms: the magnificent rainbow trout, the fierce pike, the elusive big catfish and even the fish of 10,000 cast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.