Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Big Mac for a couple of days to practice for this weeks upcoming CWA tournament. Just brutal is all I can say!!!!!!! Fishing sucked friday and it was unbearable hot and humid. Oh and did i mention the bugs, LOL. My plan that evening was to run 20 miles down lake to the dam and fish for wipers into the dark. At 6 pm a huge thunderstorm rolled in and ended our misery. One small wiper and a half dozen white bass is all I had to show for the day.

Friday started out very windy and it never stopped. Everyone had been telling me to go up into the river and fish and since I had never been there before I did. The river was blown out and the water looked like chocolate milk:mad: Cool area though.Tried trolling the rest of the day to deal with the wind, with hopes of wiper fishing in the evening. I started taking big waves over my bow and decided a 20 mile run in that **** would be stupid so i called it a weekend. Did finally find some walleye's at least. Hopefully this weekend will be better? Water temps were 73 to 76 everywhere I fished.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Thanks for the report Neal... I might head out that way Saturday morning/Sunday if money/weather permits

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Supposed to be cooler but with better chances of severe weather?
I'll just climb the dam and throw spoons and heavy rattletraps in the shitty ass wind, or soak cutbait in a cove somewhere...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Friday night after the storm the wind died down some and became fishable. Saturday the heat was brutal and the fishing was just ok. Saturday night the wind died down completely and the heat was noticeable. I didn't fish Sunday.

Seemed like there were fish shallow or deeper but the 10-20 ft depths seemed empty.

There was plenty of cotton to be fighting there on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
This heat is stupid. I try to get where I'm going by 5-6 and outta there by noon. Thought I was smart and wore shorts this weekend. Now when I take my socks off you can still see them.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Brutal! The heat is the main reason I don't fish in the plains past June. I actually cut my season early this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts