Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to big mac this weekend and spent all day sat cruising around tried cranks by the dam, bottom bouncing by dam and north shore finally went to lake ogalla after noon, fished it till about 4 then went back over to big mac and went over by the tower and finally caught a smallish cat on a worm,let him go. then it started to get dark so we started trolling some cranks on the dam for a couple of hours and we got a 4lb smallie, a 19 in walleye and a smaller smallie, had about 3 other fish on that got off, made the trip worth it. went back out sun am and caught 3 little smallies on the dam with cranks,then switched to bottom bouncers and went a little deeper and we ended up catching like 5 bluegills while trying for the whitetips. we let everything go, it was tough to let the walleye go as it was my first one over 19. the boat ramps are in good shape and we had no problems launching boats. all the bait stores up there are closing up though, all we could find were some nightcrawlers.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was our first time there, long drive though and what is up with that highway (i76). it is like you are on one of those old weight watchers belly belt vibrators most of the way there.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
is that one of them paved roads with washboard they suck

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
air ride seats! ;D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
jamiehughes said:
it was our first time there, long drive though and what is up with that highway (i76). it is like you are on one of those old weight watchers belly belt vibrators most of the way there.
I agree. It's actually one of the reasons I disagree with the new "left lane for passing" law under certain conditions. On I-76, the left lane is in quite a bit better shape. I ended up staying in that lane (but going at least the speed limit) due to the poor condition of the right lane...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts