Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have anybody fish big mac last year when the walleye were spawning????????? What are you guys using to catch them from shore!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
I fished them two years ago during the spawn. Not very productive. From shore, you may want to try the Arthur Bay boat ramp. You can also try directly across from there - hike down from the pullout by the spillway.

I always wait until post spawn then fish Martin Bay to Lemoyne from boat.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Have been keeping record of Big Mac's water level for several years. Today, it just went past the highest level it reached last year. It was the end of May last year when it maxed out, so we have
over 10 weeks for it to keep on filling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean????????? Is the water level going up because last year (april) , the water was far way down to the tower.............

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yes the level is rising. The lake has been filling an average of 1,700 acre feet per day. If last
year was any indication, it was around May 25th when it first hit it's peak for 2005. The lake was at 656,300 acre feet yesterday morning. I would guess that it will gain another 100,000 plus acre feet before irrigation season starts. That will put it close to 50% of capacity. Even at 50% it is
much bigger than Glendo or any other body of water in this part of the country

·
Registered
769 Posts
I fished Big Mac through September of last year and the boat ramps at each end of the dam were
both usable. Don't know why you would need a tractor, unless you want to launch somewhere
other than the low water boat ramps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts