Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advise on good areas to try for Pike on elevenmile? I was up there a couple of weeks ago and caught and released a nice one, but it was more of being in the right place at the right time rather than hunting for a good one.

D

·
0 Posts
Heron Laker said:
Does anyone have any advise on good areas to try for Pike on elevenmile?  I was up there a couple of weeks ago and caught and released a nice one, but it was more of being in the right place at the right time rather than hunting for a good one.
I'd rather be lucky than good!

.....or is it, "I'd rather get lucky, then I'm good"? ;D :eek:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was lucky in the fact of our location... the sun was just starting to go down and I spotted the Northern right under the house in about 10 fow. I reeled up my micro jig with 2 salmon eggs on it level with his face and gave it a twitch... snap we were off and running. I only had 6lb. test, so it was quite a fight, but I landed it! It was 37", which is my biggest Northern, I sure wouldnt have ever thought I would get that good of a fish with the stuff I was using. When opportunity knocks... you have to answer the door!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was lucky in the fact of our location... the sun was just starting to go down and I spotted the Northern right under the house in about 10 fow.

Luck had nothing to do with it. You are a skilled hunter. And congrats. Nice fish and great story. Next time I will try and get more sleep so I can stay out longer and be so lucky. Good job.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as pics go... I have a motto that fisherman lie but pictures dont! I will try to figure out how to attatch the picture tomorrow while I am suppose to be selling trees.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts