Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I have two Curado 300s that are great! I also have Tatula HD and don't like it very much!

X2 on the Dobyn's. I love mine!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I have two Curado 300s that are great! I also have Tatula HD and don't like it very much!
Maybe it’s just a matter of having the proper settings on it? :D I did experience some level of backlash the first time I used it. Now, I don’t have any more backlash problems than on the Curado I. The non HD model got a favorable review by Tackletour. The Tatula weighs less and costs less (I said I got one for $120 on ebay earlier but I actually got it for about $145). I’m not ready to throw heavy swimbait gear yet and don’t see the need at this point.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
You can get a shimano Cardiff and an okuma guide select big bait rod for $230. The rods 130, the reels about $100. Currently looking at this setup myself. From what I've been told and read, should make for a sweet swimbait rig
I also saw the daiwa millionaire-S on tacklwarehouse that is $75. It has good reviews but they don't seem to have it left handed so that's not happening. I won't get this setup for at least a month so I will decide between the okuma guide select and mojo bass, they are basically the same price. Hopefully in that time the okuma guide select MH 7"11 will be back in stock

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
The LLama isn't a fool, he is right handed and has LH reels. 8) :llama:
The llama is wiser than the Dalai Lama. Answer me this riddle then: what is the sound of one hand clapping?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
That one stumps the Dalia Lama.

Do you know if a bear shits in the woods?
Of course it does, but the real question is
" Does he wipe his ass with a fluffy white rabbit? "

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
That one stumps the Dalia Lama.

Do you know if a bear shits in the woods?
Of course it does, but the real question is
" Does he wipe his ass with a fluffy white rabbit? "
Ya missed your chance to ***** slap me. The answer: “come here, I’ll show you (with your hand raised).” :lol: That is the sound of one hand clapping. Hai, sensei!

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
I would of bet money that the answer was Riv's FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP!...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I didn't know that one lol. Kinda like " What did the hand saw to the face?"

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Maybe it’s just a matter of having the proper settings on it? :D I did experience some level of backlash the first time I used it. Now, I don’t have any more backlash problems than on the Curado I. The non HD model got a favorable review by Tackletour. The Tatula weighs less and costs less (I said I got one for $120 on ebay earlier but I actually got it for about $145). I’m not ready to throw heavy swimbait gear yet and don’t see the need at this point.
I don't know? For what the HD model cost it is disappointing:( I was finally getting used to it the other day, but I will never use it for anything really big and heavy!! Every time I stray from Shimano I end up regretting it???

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
lol Neal
The HD isn't a true swimbait reel. It's a 200 line cap reels with the rest to go along with it
I changed a lot of my gear from shimano to Daiwa. Different braking systems take a bit of time to get use to. I like both, lately shimano has stepped it back up but I have no reason to buy more reels. Mine are going strong

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
lol Neal
The HD isn't a true swimbait reel. It's a 200 line cap reels with the rest to go along with it
I changed a lot of my gear from shimano to Daiwa. Different braking systems take a bit of time to get use to. I like both, lately shimano has stepped it back up but I have no reason to buy more reels. Mine are going strong
Didn't buy it to throw swimbaits. That is what the Curado's are for. I want to use it to throw rattle baits, soft plastics, etc. I am getting better with it, but I just don't feel it's cost is warranted!

Do you have any Revo's?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Didn't buy it to throw swimbaits. That is what the Curado's are for. I want to use it to throw rattle baits, soft plastics, etc. I am getting better with it, but I just don't feel it's cost is warranted!

Do you have any Revo's?
No revos
Kyle has a few... They are ok, not super impressed. The $200 or less range really struggled with lighter lures.
Have no interest in buying them. 13 fishing stuff is more interesting to me than abu's line up.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts