Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure you guys are sick of seeing reports from this locale, but I do have some new info to add. Midges produced OK, but the golden stone nymph was DEADLY. Fishing it at the end of a riffle, just as it dumps into a deep pool was the key. Perty damn cold, let me rephrase, VERY cold. And naturally, windy. But picked up some nice fish. Think I will head up on Sunday again with a box full of golden stonys.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
no i dident , i couldent figure them out , what is a golden stone nymph, ive never seen one, ive fished with a stonfly but not a stonefly nymph ?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there was some rising fish but they wouldent take my blue wing olive,
What they were rising to koke, were midge adults. I use a #20 or 22 disco midge with killer results, even as big as an 18. Just pop into any flyshop and ask them for a number 12 or 14 golden stone nymph. Drop a tiny blood midge off the back.
Pick up some discos and head up there.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like them a lot better if they include pictures---with or without fish.
Still don't know how to post pics. Info?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Alright nogooddrtytroutbum I'll try my best.

1. Open a new internet window
2. Go to www.tinypic.com
3. Click on the Browse button
4. Find your pic on your computer and click on it
5. Click on the host button
6. Wait for the page to load. This will host your pic and you should see your pic on the bottom of the screen
7. Next to your pic should be several lines with internet address looking codes in them
8. Highlight everything in the "IMG" line.
9. Right click on it and click copy
10. Now start a post. For example:

I caught this bad boy on the poudre last year. BLAH BLAH BLAH

I usually enter down one line. Then right click and click paste. It will paste what is in the IMG line on tiny pic.

That's all there is if you want to do more pics just repeat these steps. It's really easy once you figure it out. I don't really understand the whole "picture hosting site" thing but it works so if you have any ?????? let me know.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm anxious to get back up to the Big T. I had no idea it was open enough to fish. Is there much ice over the pools now or are you just fishing the open spots. Appreciate the info on fly patterns to use, never tried big stoneflies this time of year.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
There is ice in the lower canyon but below the dam there is just a little on some of the banks. I don't know if I'd say "big" stonefly patterns. I'd say a size 16-18.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I was using 14s and even a 12. Keep em on the small side.
Hatch You wanna go up on monday or tuesday?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Can't make it monday but I could go tuesday. I would need to leave by noon because I have to work in the afternoon. I could make it up early and stay through the hatch for a coulpe hours. Count me in!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts