Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get so much info off this site, so im going to chip in and give my first fishing report! Had some time off, so i decided to spend it fishing Big Thompson Ponds. only 7 minutes from my house, so its easy enough.

Wednesday morning I arrived about 6am. Started fishing the first pond, walked around the back side, no luck. I did manage to lose 2 of my favorite lures.. made my way to the back pond around 7am. No hits, nothing till about 1pm. landed a 15" largemouth. stayed for another hour or so before heading home.

Thursday evening I arrived about 5pm. About 8pm I got a 16" largemouth in the exact same spot i got the one the day before. Again, on a gulp minow. Nothing special, but he was fun bringin in! (im still looking for my trophy bass) I headed over to the first pond to try catfishing. Tried cut bait & chicken livers, nothing...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/szangomango/bigthompson017.jpg

Last night, i talked my girlfriend into going catfishing with me. Tried a couple new tricks. I was there from 11pm to 4am. Caught one baby, but he managed to snake off before i got him in for a picture.
I could barley tell he was on my line once i started bringing him in, but when he first hit, i coulda sworn it was a nice one..

I dont know whats going on with me and NOT catching cats.

Havent spent much time fly fishing, so I think ill be hitting Big Thompson River a bit east of I-25 tomorrow afternoon into the evening. I need a trout fix after seeing Roadkills Lilly Lake pictures!! Too bad gas is so stupid expensive.. need to stay close to the house. $65 to fill my car today!!!! OUCH!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
For your first report it looks great and nice pictures... What were you catching them on, just gulp minnows?

·
Registered
24,589 Posts
Nice fish and awesome first report...we could all done so well out of the gate!

F

·
0 Posts
hell of a report .......every once and a while at big t ponds those catfish just dont want to eat....Ive had 20 fish days and also the skunk...that back pond has some really big bass....the biggest ive caught is 19 inches but ive seen some real hogs during the spawn .....for some reason earlier in the year I did real good on chicken liver but lately its been shrimp .....so maybe try some shrimp for those cats .....nice looking fish !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts