Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me my brother and a friend decided to try big thompson ponds , we caught lots of bluegills , i also caught some nice crappies , one was a black crappie and the rest were white crappie, caught some largemouth bass also on drop shot worms, lots of active fish crusing around , i caught alot of the fish on flies on my spining rod , then we went to lake loveland , we hammered the perch  with tubes and also caught some small largemouth , then i caught a 17 inch smallie , it was huge !!! and was very fat , my brother caught two smallies and my friend landed one also , great day of fishing

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Nice fish, sounds like a good day fishing. Last year a deep diving firetiger Rapala was the tickect to S.M. at Loveland. I can't seem to figure them out this year for the life of me. I was up there Saturday night with nothing to speak of, I will just go ahead and blame it on the weather, seems like a good one to me.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks , i have had good luck with the smallmouth there , ive caught one drop shoting , another on a bitsy tube , we were catching them smallies when the wind was kickin and the waves were pushing towards shore , it was nice tho , having the lake to ourselves, i also like pearl blue sinkos for smallies, i dont know what it is with that color but i always do good with that color

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have any idea as to what the water temp is at lake loveland? Seeing that the smallies were biting just curious as to what the water temp was. Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no water temp reading , its still alittle cold , i just got back from lake loveland, me and my friend went caught another smallie at 16 inchs on a bitsy tube , my freind caught some perch, a drop shot consists of a robo worm rigged on small drop shot hook up line , then the weight down low , slow jigs off the bottom cause the worm to move enticeing strikes , caught alot of bass using this method

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Man koaneeking, you and your brother outta be guides! You guys sure get into the fish.
Wicked nice Smallmouths!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks james, i wish i could be guide , ive been fortunate to catch some nice fish , i have been skunked many times, presistent trys got me these nice smallies , they are very active right now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts