Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me my brother and a friend decided to try big thompson ponds , we caught lots of bluegills , i also caught some nice crappies , one was a black crappie and the rest were white crappie, caught some largemouth bass also on drop shot worms, lots of active fish crusing around , i caught alot of the fish on flies on my spining rod , then we went to lake loveland , we hammered the perch  with tubes and also caught some small largemouth , then i caught a 17 inch smallie , it was huge !!! and was very fat , my brother caught two smallies and my friend landed one also , great day of fishing

· Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks , i have had good luck with the smallmouth there , ive caught one drop shoting , another on a bitsy tube , we were catching them smallies when the wind was kickin and the waves were pushing towards shore , it was nice tho , having the lake to ourselves, i also like pearl blue sinkos for smallies, i dont know what it is with that color but i always do good with that color

· Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no water temp reading , its still alittle cold , i just got back from lake loveland, me and my friend went caught another smallie at 16 inchs on a bitsy tube , my freind caught some perch, a drop shot consists of a robo worm rigged on small drop shot hook up line , then the weight down low , slow jigs off the bottom cause the worm to move enticeing strikes , caught alot of bass using this method

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.