Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took the day off today and went fishing ...first I headed over to lon hagler looking for anything that would bite ...tried a few yozuri's, some power grubs, lipless crankbaits, I had one fish on other then that pretty uneventfull(I got there at noon!!)....Then I headed over to union used mussels and threw topwaters again nadda!!!!! Decided I couldnt go home with the skunk so headed over to big thompson ponds and caught a few cats . Shrimp and chicken liver did the trick, and those circle hooks made it even easier . Caught a bunch of smaller ones and a couple that im gonna deep fry tommorow .....Here's a couple pics

union right before I left ....

Not the biggest cat in the world but gave up one hell of a fight!!!!Im also getting ready to fall asleep standing up in the picture ....

The two I kept to fry up !!!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You sure thats sleep and not too much beer and not enough fish earlier in the day? I know that look. j/k Those some nice cats... I'm waiting to get off work and go catfishing hopefully my replacement comes in hella early but as usual he will probably be late since I want to go.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice cats good eating stuff Mmmmmm.... tasty

great sunset shot!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you get to Big Thompson? I really need to start catching some fish...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I 25 north to highway 402 get off on 402 take a right then a left onto the frontage road . From there keep going until you see a tunnel under the highway go underthe tunnel and that dirt road will take you right there . There are 3 ponds pond one and three are best for catfish

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Hey look...another SoulFly fan out there...and here i thought i was the only one on the board...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Rottal said:
Hey look...another SoulFly fan out there...and here i thought i was the only one on the board...
Nope, looks like there's three. Although I liked Max Cavalera better when he fronted Sepultura.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
back up to the ponds yesterday ....me and my cousin Jeremy were able to get into a couple of fish nothing big just a couple of fish to deep fry ....heres some pics .

Jeremy's first decent channel cat !!!!

Only took three home to fry up .....

·
Registered
943 Posts
those are pretty and the perfect eating size

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Those are a couple/3 nice fish there, what did you catch them on? The cover in the pond looks great, you should try some cutbait.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we used chicken liver and shrimp ...Ive done pretty good on bluegills here but didnt have time to fish for bait ....it was one of those spur of the moment trips .....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good fishing trip! What kind of shrimp do you use? Frozen? Fresh?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like you caught them during the day or before sunset. I think Imma head up there with my girl and try to catch some cats. I actually just bought catfish filets(haven't had any luck catching anything).

Prefer freshly caught ones though.

Nice catches!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I try to get the fresh shrimp if I can but frozen is ok (sometimes)....we actually got there around noon and fished until 4

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm heading out to Big Thompson tomorrow. I have to paint the deck but should be done by 9:30. I should be able to get there about 11:00, a lot later than I would like. I think I'll put the gills, sucker, and shad aside an try some livers and shrimp. That seems to be working good for you, FG!

·
Registered
65 Posts
i dont get it. everytime i go to Big Thompson, i get nothing... its one of the few places that ill go to check my bait and the chicken liver will STILL BE ON THE HOOK!! ??? perhaps im going too late for cats. last time i went, i got there around 11pm, stayed till 4am.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts