Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
just takes time ....If you just want numbers of small fish to have fun the back pond is full of them ...I've heard of nice ones coming out of the back lake, but Ive never gotten into any ...For size I would stick to the front pond ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Big Thompson ponds can be hit and miss sometimes. Your buddy could be fishing 5 feet from you using livers like you and could be scoring. It doesn't matter if you switch places. Sometimes you have to be aggressive. No bites on the bottom fishing livers? Try a float. Or try a different bait. I carry 7-8 different baits on me when I fish Big Thompson Ponds. Try mixing it up.

· Registered
6,955 Posts
how big are these ponds?

· Registered
6,955 Posts
are we talking the size of a football field?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
maybe a little bit bigger on the first pond ...the second pond is tiny ....the third pond is probably two acres ...maybe

· Registered
6,955 Posts
thanks

and they keep kicking out the cats. it doesnt seem to be over fished?

just curious as i now of a few small ponds with cats and trying to figure how offen i can bag a couple for dinner without overfishing it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
from what ive seen not to many people target cats ....Ill take a couple here and there, and have been doing this for a few years and the fishing just keeps getting better .....my uncle did say that years back it was unreal and he caught tons of fish over 10lbs

· Registered
6,955 Posts
hmmm... thanks ill keep that in mind might be time for a nother catfish dinner!

· Registered
81 Posts
Thats good to hear about those ponds. I've fished them in the winter, but never seemed to have enough time to fish them in the summer. Now I'm retired, so I guess I'll be trying them pretty soon. Did you ever hear from Basspro about the job? I seem to remember you were going to work for them.

· Registered
6,955 Posts
RON said:
Thats good to hear about those ponds. I've fished them in the winter, but never seemed to have enough time to fish them in the summer. Now I'm retired, so I guess I'll be trying them pretty soon. Did you ever hear from Basspro about the job? I seem to remember you were going to work for them.
i think he nailed it check this thread

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=3354.0

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.